• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny PEE?!

sharkfur

Warren Scout
Hey guys. Throughout the years, I've been reading about bunnies a lot, experiencing things first hand, and all the usual stuff.. But I was wondering today, is the colour of the bunny's pee really that varied? I mean, for a while now, my bun's pee is like yellowish milk.. ok, not that thick, but you know what I mean.. butter-coloured. I know sometimes it changes colour, depending on what he ate, but I'm just wondering... any experience on that?

Yep it does vary. If your buns wee is constantly whitey coloured, I'd have a look at her diet and just check she isnt having too much calcium, better safe than sorry.

Yep it does vary. If your buns wee is constantly whitey coloured, I'd have a look at her diet and just check she isnt having too much calcium, better safe than sorry.

too much calcium, you say? Oh my... He only gets lots of hay, pellets, and some grass outside or cellery, or something..plus a lil pinch of banana every day... any ideas? :/

too much calcium, you say? Oh my... He only gets lots of hay, pellets, and some grass outside or cellery, or something..plus a lil pinch of banana every day... any ideas? :/

Sounds okay. White wee doesnt necessarily mean too much calcium but it can be an indicator if it is constantly like that. My bun used to get it when I fed him too many pellets and gave him half a broccolli everyday - before I knew much about buns.

Sounds okay, check the calcium level on your pellets just in case, you'll want below 1% really, junior pellets sometimes have more though. And just check you're not overfeeding the pellets too much, an eggcup/a small handful a day is adequate for most buns.

Sounds okay. White wee doesnt necessarily mean too much calcium but it can be an indicator if it is constantly like that. My bun used to get it when I fed him too many pellets and gave him half a broccolli everyday - before I knew much about buns.

Sounds okay, check the calcium level on your pellets just in case, you'll want below 1% really, junior pellets sometimes have more though. And just check you're not overfeeding the pellets too much, an eggcup/a small handful a day is adequate for most buns.

It must be the pellets, then... Because I am real careful what I feed him vegetable and fruit-wise. Probably the problem is with me and my fiancee both feeding him pellets...yup, must be it. so instead of 1 portion, he tends to get 1,5 or 2.

Yeah, Stephen's changes colours at will, we currently have a rather intense red colour after some dandelions. :roll:

Yeah, Stephen's changes colours at will, we currently have a rather intense red colour after some dandelions. :roll:

Oh Yeah, we get that when we find dandelions :) But what made me think is the constant buttery colour :p I mean it's been like this sine 1 or 2 weeks.

Back