• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My sketch of layout idea??!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
What would u think to this idea.... Having the run with the hutch half on top, so it would sit maybe 2 or 3ft on the back side and having the other side with legs?? Just done a quick sketch to try and explain!!! Just thinking, good view of buns, but they'd still be in a nicely sheltered position, space saving and easier to clean without havin to get into run?? The runaround pipe could then come out of the left side of the hutch and be neatly tucked away in the corner...

18f4e84c.jpg

What do u think??!

The hutch looks quite small

The minimum size is 6x2ft and the minimum run size should be 6x4 ft
The tunnel looks a bit too un real, rabbits don't defy the law of gravity :shock:

I like the idea though a bit un real though

A hutch fully on top of a run with a ramp for access should be fine.

Only just seen this :wave: I'm not totally sure tbh. I wouldn't because I would prefer a runaround tube on the floor. I can envision it but I suppose it would be more a case of having it made like that ramp wise. I have had a hutch with run on top but I hated it :lol: was always awkward. I prefer the hutch/run I have now, the hutch is face on to the run so easy to get to the hutch and into the run :)

Is the tube going from the hutch on an angle? Might be difficult for them to manoeuvre if it is :)

The hutch looks quite small

The minimum size is 6x2ft and the minimum run size should be 6x4 ft
The tunnel looks a bit too un real, rabbits don't defy the law of gravity :shock:

I like the idea though a bit un real though

A hutch fully on top of a run with a ramp for access should be fine.

She's ordering a 6 x 3 hutch and 6 x 8 run :wave:I think it's a 6 x 8 run anyway :)

Thanks ally :lol: Should have said its not to scale :lol: it was just a quick sketch cos it was easier than explaining! The pipe wouldn't be like that, just showing where it goes!! It would be at the lowest angle poss but if u look at runarounds Facebook pics there's some vertical pipes!! :shock: I'm just thinking how to best make use of the space and I now quite like the idea of the hutch being higher up.

Thanks ally :lol: Should have said its not to scale :lol: it was just a quick sketch cos it was easier than explaining! The pipe wouldn't be like that, just showing where it goes!! It would be at the lowest angle poss but if u look at runarounds Facebook pics there's some vertical pipes!! :shock: I'm just thinking how to best make use of the space and I now quite like the idea of the hutch being higher up.

:shock:

It does look good, I don't particulary like ramped hutches anymore because of the space the hole takes up, it gives less indoor space but I don't think the rabbits really mind :lol:
Obviously it comes down to what would be easiest for you :D

Why not just put the hutch on backwards on the run? That way you can get to it without getting in the run, and it provides some shelter/shade for the run underneath? That's what I did, much easier than leaning over, or getting into the run all the time:

SAM_3557.jpg

SAM_3551.jpg

Obviously you'd want a different ramp though, mine is going this week to be replaced by something safe.

Why not just put the hutch on backwards on the run? That way you can get to it without getting in the run, and it provides some shelter/shade for the run underneath? That's what I did, much easier than leaning over, or getting into the run all the time:

SAM_3557.jpg

SAM_3551.jpg

Obviously you'd want a different ramp though, mine is going this week to be replaced by something safe.

Thanks, I think u showed me urs in one of my other posts (one of many :oops: ) it just wouldn't be practical where it's going, the hutch would be right at my patio doors!

Thanks, I think u showed me urs in one of my other posts (one of many :oops: ) it just wouldn't be practical where it's going, the hutch would be right at my patio doors!

Ah I see. It would take a bit of tweaking with the run, but could you have it on the run sideways? Just seems a bit awkward having it half on half off, espcecially if space is limited.

Ah I see. It would take a bit of tweaking with the run, but could you have it on the run sideways? Just seems a bit awkward having it half on half off, espcecially if space is limited.

Thought about this but it would mean the hutch would be facing south and would get all the weather directly into it :( plus I wouldnt be able to c the bunnies unless I went out, I like looking out and being able to c them all the time :lol:

Cameo's runaround tunnel is vertical as it enters the hutch for about 5 inches, she LOVES hurtling up and down it at a million miles an hour:thumb:

Cameo's runaround tunnel is vertical as it enters the hutch for about 5 inches, she LOVES hurtling up and down it at a million miles an hour:thumb:

:thumb: I can imagine Heidi taking to it quickly, Skye will prob be ok once she knows it's safe but I'm worried summer won't be agile enough to go up it on a slope!! I still like my idea tho I think it will look neat and the hutch would be more sturdy than if it were just on legs. It would prob be just the bed area which I'd have on the left so the whole of the living area is accessible at the side of the run for easy feeding, cleaning etc. plus it'll make a nice shady spot and shelter in the run. Need to deciiiiiiide!!!!

Do whatever is easiest for you :D If Summer doesn't get it straight away you can always put her in the run and see if she can get up it to start with (this is what I did when getting the rabbits used to ramps when they had them:)) but if she struggles then just pop her in the hutch over night :) they might take a while as it's a wierd new thing :lol:

To make the bed area easier to clean you could always get a storage box and cut a hole to match the opening to the bedroom and then it would just mean pulling that out :D Lino will help too :D

Do whatever is easiest for you :D If Summer doesn't get it straight away you can always put her in the run and see if she can get up it to start with (this is what I did when getting the rabbits used to ramps when they had them:)) but if she struggles then just pop her in the hutch over night :) they might take a while as it's a wierd new thing :lol:

To make the bed area easier to clean you could always get a storage box and cut a hole to match the opening to the bedroom and then it would just mean pulling that out :D Lino will help too :D

Yeah I am Lino-ing and going to use litter trays. Saw these boxes in ikea the other day I thought would make good litter trays...

317abbac.jpg

They were really solid and quite heavy aswell and seemed a good size so I'm hoping I'll quickly figure out where they are toileting and put these trays in. The bed should be really roomy so enough space for litter tray and bed box I'm hoping :D The hutch iv got for guinea pig, as u know is 5x2ft and the bed is massive! So can't imagine it in a 6x3ft hutch, still can't picture that!! Can't wait to get it :D Thanks for all ur help Aly :wave:

I saw those too but I don't need anymore litter trays! :lol: I've had the hooded cat litter trays too, which were really good for in their runs :D I think 32L storage boxes would be better when they are all bonded :) nice big size for them all to fit in :D

You'll have to put pictures up of the new hutch soon! :D

I saw those too but I don't need anymore litter trays! :lol: I've had the hooded cat litter trays too, which were really good for in their runs :D I think 32L storage boxes would be better when they are all bonded :) nice big size for them all to fit in :D

You'll have to put pictures up of the new hutch soon! :D

Saw some good sized potting trays in B&Q aswell that were quite heavy and solid, will prob get one for main area, was only about £7-8 can't remember but some iv seen r nearly £20!! Trying not to buy any 'bits' til iv got the hutch and run in place as I have a bad habit of getting carried away spending loads of money then realising I don't need half of what iv bought!

Back