• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Manfreds hernia UD not good

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Not looking good for Manfred,
We've had him at our Vet Molly today who has said shes not confident operating on Manfred with his Hernia being where it is.
Pretty much if she risks the Op now and it is his diaphragm thats poking through the muscle wall he wont be able to breathe without the tube in his trachea,
But as it stands hes far to small to have this tube fit and handle the anesthetic.

Even when he is bigger this is a VERY high risk procedure.
And should he be lucky enough to make it through his recovery will be slow and hard on him.

We have brought him home and he is on strict cage rest until hes grown more, (currently weighing in at 0.80g) he needs to weigh atleast 100g.

Should his hernia get hot,hard or change at all, we will have to risk an emergency op, where his chances will be next to none.

We knew this would be risky for him but he shows a fighting spirit that id like to think all my lost souls have given him to make this fight do able.

any vibes going free we will greatfully accept.

I dont wish to have anyone pick holes on me choosing to keep him going when his chances are so very slim and im aware im setting myself up for larger heartbreak.

the ONLY reason i have even bothered sharing it here is i know there are a few lovely people here who are rooting for little Manfred and feel they should be kept in the loop on whats going on.
xxxx

Sending lots of vibes for this brave and beautiful wee fellow.

I didn't realise his problem was so serious, but I know you will fill his day with love. :love:

How is he coping with cage rest?

Sending lots of vibes for this brave and beautiful wee fellow.

I didn't realise his problem was so serious, but I know you will fill his day with love. :love:

How is he coping with cage rest?

We had a rough idea it wasn't going to be great but we all initially thought it was lower then it is now and the the muscle wall hole is much larger than when examined 1st time.

He isnt a Happy boy about being stuck in the dog crate but its the only thing we can do now to stop him risking strangulation.
he wants to be out to play and have hugs but its just not worth the risk :(

The wee guy, what a shame. Hope the cage rest helps and he gets up to weight soon. He is such a cutie!!

Sending healing and weight-gaining vibes for wee Manny. :love:
He's so adorable...who could not love him? He is one of the most unusual looking bunnies I've ever seen and I bet he has a personality to match. :D

The important thing is you've given him a home despite his challenges. A home with love.
It's not about the time we have with our animal companions ...although more is always wished for...it's about how we fill the days they do have.
May Manny have many happy and healthy days to come. xxxx

Are you sure? 0.80g is like... nothing?

Lots of love to him though!

It's newborn size. It's the difference between a wee in most bunnies. It's also the difference between a couple of poos. Wish, tiny, miniscule Wish, weighed in at 330 g when she arrived here.

I'm suspecting that you mean 0.8kg and he needs to reach 1000g (or 1kg) missfloppyears?

It's newborn size. It's the difference between a wee in most bunnies. It's also the difference between a couple of poos. Wish, tiny, miniscule Wish, weighed in at 330 g when she arrived here.

I'm suspecting that you mean 0.8kg and he needs to reach 1000g (or 1kg) missfloppyears?

you could be right :oops:
th vet scales are all different to ours.
xxx

Back