• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh has changed!

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
Apparently it's been discontinued, so they're making something called 'Tumblefresh' now. It's basically the same as Megazorb. :evil: I don't know what was wrong with it before.

Anyone know if/where I can still get Carefresh as it used to be?

There's still loads for sale on the net. Are you sure it isn't just who you buy it from that has discontinued it?

We still have some carefresh in work but once the stock we have is gone there wont be anymore!

Iv just tried natures own wood pellet cat litter (also for other animals it says!) from the range as iv been getting my hay and straw from them and thought it was worth a try. It's brill! Can't believe iv used wood shavings all these yrs just cos it's 'the norm' and put up with the smell. With these there is literally NO SMELL!! :thumb: It's prob similar to care fresh not sure if it helps u but I would recommend it! £6.99 I think it was for big heavy bag.

Iv just tried natures own wood pellet cat litter (also for other animals it says!) from the range as iv been getting my hay and straw from them and thought it was worth a try. It's brill! Can't believe iv used wood shavings all these yrs just cos it's 'the norm' and put up with the smell. With these there is literally NO SMELL!! :thumb: It's prob similar to care fresh not sure if it helps u but I would recommend it! £6.99 I think it was for big heavy bag.

Carefresh isnt like litter. It is a soft bedding made of celulose fibres!

Carefresh isnt like litter. It is a soft bedding made of celulose fibres!

Oh sorry!! :oops: I had been meaning to look at carefresh, just on the PAH link it said wood so I thought must be same type of thing. Oh well, I still recommend the natures own stuff for litter :lol:

How often do you need to clean a tray with care fresh (two bunnies).

Poppy is really quite smelly recently, she always has been but it's worse and I hate nasty smells, I literally can't stop thinking about it, don't want my home to smell. I have always used newspaper & clean once a day but am wondering if this is worth a go.

How often do you need to clean a tray with care fresh (two bunnies).

Poppy is really quite smelly recently, she always has been but it's worse and I hate nasty smells, I literally can't stop thinking about it, don't want my home to smell. I have always used newspaper & clean once a day but am wondering if this is worth a go.

IMO megazorb is better for smells than carefresh, and it is MUCH cheaper. Also try Yesterday's News and Smartbedz - both the ones I've found best for smells. Are you sure its not her poops that are stinky, as that could indicate a diet too rich?

Was in P@H yesterday and they had loads of the stuff - so stock up! It is a shame as Carefresh was quite soft, my hamster quite liked it.

IMO megazorb is better for smells than carefresh, and it is MUCH cheaper. Also try Yesterday's News and Smartbedz - both the ones I've found best for smells. Are you sure its not her poops that are stinky, as that could indicate a diet too rich?

Ahh ok thanks, where can you get megazorb?

I think it is her poo you know, her diet has been awful recently (and she's always had sticky bum issues anyway). She's had infected incisors so has had far far too many pellets as she wouldn't eat. She has put the weight she lost back on now and the infection seems to be gone so she is back to her normal dirt plus dried forage. She's not happy at the mo & refusing to eat it but I'm hoping when she's hungry enough she'll eat.

Hmmm, I'm guessing even megazorb won't help then, Urgh, I hate hate smells.

Ahh ok thanks, where can you get megazorb?

I think it is her poo you know, her diet has been awful recently (and she's always had sticky bum issues anyway). She's had infected incisors so has had far far too many pellets as she wouldn't eat. She has put the weight she lost back on now and the infection seems to be gone so she is back to her normal dirt plus dried forage. She's not happy at the mo & refusing to eat it but I'm hoping when she's hungry enough she'll eat.

Hmmm, I'm guessing even megazorb won't help then, Urgh, I hate hate smells.

You can get all the litters I mentioned from thehayexperts :wave:

If its her poo, it'll probably settle down when she's eating normally again.

Have you tried a thick layer of hay on top of the tray? I find that keeps smells down.

You can get all the litters I mentioned from thehayexperts :wave:

If its her poo, it'll probably settle down when she's eating normally again.

Have you tried a thick layer of hay on top of the tray? I find that keeps smells down.

Thank you.

Yes, that is what I am hoping. Will give the hay thing a go for a few days and hope that she improves, I have seen her nomming on something in a rather disgruntled manner :lol:

What is it you use it for?
Aubiose is similar looking/feeling to fine wood shavings, but is much more absorbent so smells much less. Might be worth a try.

Back