• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

huge thakyou to mick and sue at sues rabbit rescue (leeds buns)

elis-mum

Mama Doe
some of you know and read about the huge rescue operation that went on in leeds last march. jane from greenleaf and mick and sue from sues rabbit rescue took 35 bunnies from a house and lots of wonderful RU members stepped in to help where they could in any way they could.

as it was close to home i took 2 fosters in for Sue's and they were in a bad way but both had such spirit.
i was devastated when 8 weeks after getting them i lost Rosie the female who never seemed to thrive like Angus the male did.

Angus was very lonely and i was trying to spend time with him as much as possible and just became so attatched that OH agreed we could keep him if i could get him in with my trio.

i called Mick from the rescue to tell him and he offered to take the rabbits so him and Sue could bond for me. my trio was a hard bond so i took him up on his offer and after a week away i collected a very contented quad this morning.

it is lovely to see Angus so happy with rabbit company again and the other 3 seem very chilled with him. Mick said it was a very easy bond and since i got them home it all still seems good.

i know it is still early days but i just wanted to say a massive thankyou to mick and sue for all their help and support since i decided to keep Gus.

Rescues do such a hard job and are more often than not overflowing with bunnies needing homes. yet fantastic people like sue and mick still manage to find time and space to help out in order to get another rescue into its forever home.

again to Sue and Mick.... thankyou for everything. :wave:

Back