• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

? Is it unusual for a bun to go off fenigreek crunchies after they loved them ?

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
Mr B gets excited for crunchies but for the last 3 days as soon as I offer him one, he sniffs and moves away. If I leave it on the floor or in his crate he still won't touch it. :? He seems to be eating hay and pellets normally but not keen on carrots or apple anymore either. Although he never was a huge fan of carrots and apple. He used to love crunchies. Its a new batch but the others love them. :?

I would say it is a bit unusual and I'd probably take him to the vet to be on the safe side. Any changes in food preferences can be a sign of something being up. Hopefully he's just grumpy at crunchies for no reason at the moment.

I would say it is a bit unusual and I'd probably take him to the vet to be on the safe side. Any changes in food preferences can be a sign of something being up. Hopefully he's just grumpy at crunchies for no reason at the moment.

He is a temperamental bun. He really didn't like us moving furniture in and out of rooms and putting tons of stuff in the loft on Tuesday. He sat and watched us. He is moulting badly too.

hmmm, sometimes the batches can vary slightly. Mine like some packets of crunchis more than others. Even to me the ones they didn't like as much smelt different :?

hmmm, sometimes the batches can vary slightly. Mine like some packets of crunchis more than others. Even to me the ones they didn't like as much smelt different :?

These do smell stronger. He enjoyed them the first day, then that was it. He gets really excited when I ruffle the bag. Runs to get one, sniffs it and hates it.

storm usually chases gypsy round in circles if he thinks she has something he hasn't, bless her she can still run away, even with arthritis in her spine.

fenegreek is a herb, the one usually used in curry yummy:D

storm usually chases gypsy round in circles if he thinks she has something he hasn't, bless her she can still run away, even with arthritis in her spine.

fenegreek is a herb, the one usually used in curry yummy:D

Poor Gypsy. Storm is such a devil.

Thats it. They smell like curry. :lol:

yes! curry :p

Storm is a daft old boy, usually soft and laid back, but then he has his mad moments of throwing things, he doesn't realise his own strength! and if there are treats he turns into a steam rolling food monster :shock: I have to make sure he gets his treat first and 3 of them before Gypsy has her one :lol:

I don't know, my sense of smell is usually poor. These ones smell strange, like coriander or some herb.

He doesn't like the other pack either, ran up but no.

Bandit went mental for them. Chasing poor Cutie-pie away. :shock:

Buckley did that when he had stasis the first time. I guess just offer him all of his favourite things so you can keep an eye on it. Must be difficult to decide whether a change in preference is due to fussiness or an underlying problem in a temperamental bunbun! Hope he's just being a fussy bun :)

Buckley did that when he had stasis the first time. I guess just offer him all of his favourite things so you can keep an eye on it. Must be difficult to decide whether a change in preference is due to fussiness or an underlying problem in a temperamental bunbun! Hope he's just being a fussy bun :)

Could be the smell. I don't like the smell and normally they don't smell of much. He is eating his usual amount of pellets. Normal activity.

I had exactly this problem a few months back, but I could tell the crunches were a bit different as they smelt different. I wrote to the manufacturer about it and they sent me some free... :D :wave:

Back