• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new bunnies after losing both my cuties last Aug and Oct!

Last year i had 2 bunnies, neutered male and female who were gorgeous together! They had the run of our garden and are put in their hutch in the shed for the evening/night. In Aug we was late coming home as it was our daughters birthday and at 6pm a fox got our female. :( We scared the fox away and brought Buttons into the house, she had already died :( From then on we made sure Charlie was out of harms way until Oct when he was having a run in the garden and about 4pm our neighbour rang us to say a fox was in the garden with Charlie! :( Both my babies were gone and i said no more! We was all devastated.

Earlier this year i thought about getting some more but never actually got any until Aug 1st. Have 2 female lops, both will be neutered when they are old enough and are so friendly and lovely. They are doing really well with litter training already! and love the attension.

Rosie
photo8-1.jpg

Lottie
photo7-1.jpg

What a sad story :cry: but with a happy ending with your new bunnies...they are absolutely gorgeous :love:

What are you doing about where they live now are you keeping them penned in...Foxes are crafty and likely to come back although my buns free range in the garden I have never seen a fox (touch wood!)

At the moment they are in the shed with the full double front completly covered, they havnt been out in the garden yet as letting them get used to their new house, they have a wire fence at the bottom half and netting attached to the top. We said we would allow them in the garden during the morning for a run around or if someone is out there. Since losing our other 2 not seen any foxes since but dont want to take too many chances and think that as long as someone is out there they will be ok in the garden.

I know its a shame that they can't have the full run of the garden but you would be devestated if the fox came back. Is there anyway of attaching a secure run to your shed maybe like some of the others have done on here with a catflap or something so they can get in/out of the shed?

Back