• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your rabbit do this??

I seem to always get the weird ones so it won't surprise me if my buns are weird but.

We had a good storm going through. the FIRST real storm of the summer. As i am in the U.S(central part) and we are in a drought. Anyway I went out to put boards in front of the rabbits cage. The shouldn't get wet but I always go it just in case. When I drag all the boards there. Oreo and Trigger and both pressed up against the front of their cage letting the water hit them. Trigger is all spread out and comfy, same with oreo :roll:. Since Trigger never eats when it is hot, I gave her some extra food. Oreo got a little extra as well. I put the board up to where they would still get some rain but not soaked. So i go out this morning(and it is chilly) and trigger is thumping around, running all happy. Oreo is doing the same thing. I feed them and what does trigger do?? Takes her water bowl and DUMPS it!! So I had to tie down her water bowl. I then get Trigger out first to let her run around in the grass. She ran around and seemed...happy. Oreo was acting like Oreo and sitting in one spot and eating grass.

So does anyone else buns act like that when it rains?

Yep, my 2 LOVE lying on the grass letting the rain hit them, even when its puring down. They completely ignore the shutters/tarpaulin or whatever else I have given them cover with.

As you can imagine we get LOTS of rain in the UK, so this tends to happen very frequently :lol:

Strange little things :love:

They are probably happy it is a lot cooler after a drought lol buns do a lot better in milder weather then hot weather :)

I was happy to see Trigs up and running. Truthfully I didn't think she was going to make it sometimes this summer :( I had to bring her inside a lot and still will till we get some cooler weather! Oreo lays where the sun hits him and he soaks it up....even if it is 100+ degrees out!! So I have had to bring him in,also.

Last edited:
Back