• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had Brians Invoice..

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
In which it states what the vet did whilst he was there..

Examination
Radiology Initial view
Radiology Additional View
Anaesthesia

I dont understand what the radiology bits are?

£234 in all

Radiology usually have something to do with x-rays, ultrasounds or things like that to look at the inside of the body.

Radiology would be an x-ray, ultrasound etc, additional views are additional scans.

Did they not xray him?

She said they did an xray, but didnt think they did 2 ?

but atleast that makes sense.

I dont understand why the anesthtic, they told me they would put him on oxygen when i left..
They couldnt have done, its not on the invoice.
Meaning they never attempted to stabalise him!:cry:

They are my only emergency vet that i trusted!:cry:

I dont understand why the anesthtic, they told me they would put him on oxygen when i left..

Its not 2 xrays, its one, but taken from 2 different angle/views by my understanding.

I thought a vet had to ask you before putting a bun under, eg, sign a cascade form? :? maybe its different in an emergency situation.

they were going to stabalise him on oxygen then try remove the blockage.
thats why i signed cosent form

They'd have to put him under to remove the blockage in surgery though?

By signing the consent form, you are consenting to them doing whatever they deem to be reasonable treatment.

Sorry you're going through this, must be difficult.

A second plate just means a different angle. A ga would have been essential of it was of the head area. It is quite possible oxygen was given but you haven't been charged or they included it as part of the GA. I would request his actual medical notes as that will give you a better indication of what treatment he was given x

They'd have to put him under to remove the blockage in surgery though?

By signing the consent form, you are consenting to them doing whatever they deem to be reasonable treatment.

Sorry you're going through this, must be difficult.

yeah
so can i not do anything about it?
:(

A second plate just means a different angle. A ga would have been essential of it was of the head area. It is quite possible oxygen was given but you haven't been charged or they included it as part of the GA. I would request his actual medical notes as that will give you a better indication of what treatment he was given x

will do, im so cross :(

yeah
so can i not do anything about it?

Do you mean, not pay?

If so, then no, you agreed to their treatment regime, in my opinion anyway.

Agree with Liz :wave:

Do you mean, not pay?

If so, then no, you agreed to their treatment regime, in my opinion anyway.

Agree with Liz :wave:

the moneys not the worry, im worried incase they could of saved my little man but didnt through incompitence.

They are the only emergency vet in the area i know of :(

E.T ill get the medical notes and xray copies and see what they say?

the moneys not the worry, im worried incase they could of saved my little man but didnt through incompitence.

They are the only emergency vet in the area i know of :(

E.T ill get the medical notes and xray copies and see what they say?

Cheshire Pet have an out of hours service do you use them too?

:/ they do?
I use mollys practice in Holmes chapel and i dont think they do.
Or at least the first 5 times i attempted to ring them they didnt answer :?

Their website says http://www.cheshirepet.com/ Emergency care is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
and when you call out of hours you get an automated message telling you what to do. I would maybe try them in future if you are all worried

Ill bring this up with Molly when im there with Manny later,
i rang at least 5 times hoping someone would answer and they didnt,
:?

Perhaps it was bad luck and someone forgot to go to night service or something?

what idiot forgets night service?

i cant keep 'having bad luck' it isnt fair on my fluffys and it certainly isnt doing my mental health any good.

I currently avoid any affection with family friends and my animals, just incase 'bad luck' happens again.

I am optimistic that the vets did everything they could to help your bunny. He was no doubt put on oxygen but it's just not shooing on your bill. Nor is any medication but I am sure they will have given some.

If you need more information then speak to the vets and ask to know exactly want they did. I think your reaction to this bill is influenced by your grief at the minute.

Back