• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It took 5 years to bond, but we are there at last

Mia

Warren Scout
Up until December, I had two bonded brothers and a single bun called Scampi-Doodle. Despite months and months of repeated and very varied ways of trying to bond them, Snuffy and Scampi hated each other. Miffy used to groom Scampi through the bars in the baby gate, and Scampi showed no signs of agression towards him.

Sadly we lost Miffy at Christmas time, and after about a month, I tried to to see if they would tolerate each other, unfortunately they wouldnt and it was very sad to see two lone bunnys. However all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago, Scampi got into the living room where Snuffy was, and they kind of tolerated each other. Well, they ignored each other (intead of terrible fighting like they used to!). So each day, completely supervised and well versed in rabbit body language, I have been putting them together for longer periods of time.

Last night was their first overnight stay in the same room, without incident, and they now regularily groom each other.

Its an amazing thing to see, and so so nice to see them happy together. I didnt ever give up on them and felt sure that they would bond one day, and although it has been a long time coming, they are friends at last. I hope that Miffy is watching over them and had some influence!

Awww - that's a lovely story. So nice to have a happy ending. Fingers crossed for Flora and Benji then coz I'm starting 24/7 bonding from tomorrow after just having speed dates so far.

Back