• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failing Again

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
And very happy about it :thumb:

2012512LumixinclMustiesrabbits001.jpg

They shall be staying. And, stupidly, I'm all choked about it.

As well as keeping Butterfly and Crystal (both of whom are dental and would be 'long gone' had they not been with me), I'm also keeping my own little piece of Hay Monster (and Little, but he still has himself somewhere), because Butterfly is Hay Monster's (and Little's) brother.

Think I need a new sig but having 3 more bunnies on there (Butterfly, Crystal and Hay Monster), might be pushing it! :mrgreen:

Aww that's fab :D I could never foster buns, I couldn't part with them!! :oops: :lol: x

I was having a similar conversation with a vet the other day and I explained to her that they go when someone can offer them more than I can- which is normally more space, and/or a friend. I can do the medical and behavioural side really well. These bunnies currently have an aviary and each other, so they can get all they need from me, and it would be unlikely I would find someone who would take two dental bunnies on and who would have the knowledge to know when they need a dental (before they get to critical point).

Someone once said to me 'if you love them, why do you let them go?' and my answer was 'it's because I love them that I let them go'. When it's right, it's the easiest thing in the world (like with Snowy), but when it's wrong, it's the hardest thing in the world (like with Hay Monster).

These two, from my selfish point of view, are my future in bunnies. They should have a normal life expectancy and that means they likely have about 4/5 years more life in them (hopefully) than all the rest of my bunnies. One day, these may be my only two bunnies. :lol: Maybe.

Good for you, I really admire you :D but I can't see you just having 2 bunnies! :lol:
This probably sounds daft, but I wish I had a 'real life' bunny friend like you who lives nearby :( nobody gets it!!!

Good for you, I really admire you :D but I can't see you just having 2 bunnies! :lol:
This probably sounds daft, but I wish I had a 'real life' bunny friend like you who lives nearby :( nobody gets it!!!

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove :thumb:

I am already a very big failure, BYB- these are my tenth and eleventh failures :lol:

YAY! Im so glad you decided to keep them permanently. Butterfly really adores you and you gave him so much, now you get to have that love back for the rest of his life, with bonus bunny gf love too!

Thanks guys.

YAY! Im so glad you decided to keep them permanently. Butterfly really adores you and you gave him so much, now you get to have that love back for the rest of his life, with bonus bunny gf love too!

No he doesn't :lol: He would have bonded to anyone who met his need the most; currently he only wants Crystal, and that's fine with me because that's exactly as it should be and he's never been happier.

It is wonderful to see them both so happy with a bunny friend for company.:love::love::love:

I love fostering, knowing you get the buns to the best they can be then sending them off to meet a new family and be loved with all their needs met. Like you, for fosters, I can tick most boxes but long term they need more space and human needs met.

Sometimes though the special ones appear out of nowhere and it somehow seems out of our control and they steal our hearts while our heads tell us they need to stay because we can offer them the best life possible. I love it when that happens although I now have seven so my head will be ruling for the forseeable future!;)

Back