• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lord Lopsley-How it all Began

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Had I not bought (yes, I know............) Lord Lopsley I would never have found Morse, Colonel Colin, Sir Victor or Lady Lydia

Lopsley may only have lived to be 6 months of age, but, despite all the very valid reasons that means I should NOT have done so, I dont for one second regret buying him.

Lopsa2weeks.png

lops3.jpg

PicMonkeyCollagelops.jpg

lops.jpg

lops5.jpg

Please dont turn this thread into a Rescue/Breeder argument, I just wanted to share some photos of a Bunny I loved very much.

When I informed the Breeder of Lopsley's tragic and untimely passing the Breeder offered me Morse. He was almost a year old when he came to live here.

How awful of his passing but it must of happened for a good reason because you got Morse :love:
I just love your bunnies and find it so fascinating how their ears are like that, do you know what made them like that? x

How awful of his passing but it must of happened for a good reason because you got Morse :love:
I just love your bunnies and find it so fascinating how their ears are like that, do you know what made them like that? x

The Rabbits all have English Lop genes within

This explains why I was WRONG to buy Lopsley and thus effectively funding the Breeding of Rabbits who are likely to have life-long welfare/health problems

http://www.ufaw.org.uk/OVERLONGEARSENGLISHLOP.php

But as I said, I cannot regret my decision to buy Lopsley and I cannot undo it. However, I will not be doing anything like it again.

Honestly Jane if someone has a go at you for buying him, they need to be quiet!

He only had a short time with you, granted, but we all know that would have been the best short time a bunny could wish for.

As for Morse...he's been incredibly lucky to have found you with all the health issues he has, and you've undoubtedly rescued him from a scenario somewhere where his special needs probably wouldn't have been met.

So there.

What a handsome fellow! :love: Would he actually be related to any of your other buns with English lop genes?

He looked very much like Fiver except for the ears and longer nose and grey saddle. :)
I think whatever the reason he became your bunny he was lucky to have the best mum! :love:

Back