• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bunny-Lympics - world-class athletes or hutch potatoes?

RosRWAF

Warren Scout
315440_10151081894712148_1103044758_n.jpg

The government is promoting fitness for all in this Olympic year, and because so many rabbits suffer health problems because of bad diet and lack of space to exercise, we are joining in with a call for fitness for rabbits. So are your bunnies world-beating athletes or hutch potatoes?

These are the events where we think your rabbits should be aiming for their own medals.

Long jump, Triple jump and High jump – given the right conditions, your rabbits will be able to show you their own interpretations of these events!

Sprint and Hurdles – don’t expect your buns to stay in their lanes though!

Distance running – in the wild, rabbits cover an area of up to 30 football pitches in a day, so give them as much room as you can.

Relay - because, of course, your rabbits are in neutered pairs or compatible groups, aren't they?

Football and Volleyball – give them something to knock around their enclosure, they’ll love it.

Gymnastics – they’ll get top marks for artistic impression if you give them what they need!

And their very own event, most importantly, in which all rabbits can excel, Digging and Tunnelling.

So...are your rabbits fit enough? Check our Making it Better page for some ideas on how to let them show their Olympian natural behaviours!

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/making-it-right.htm

None of the Olympic athletes got as fit as they are in a day. For them it takes years of training. Please remember that if your rabbits aren't used to having lots of space, don’t throw them in at the deep end. Increase their area gradually with a partition within a larger enclosure over a period of weeks. An overweight, unfit human can't take to the running track, and neither can your rabbit. Do it slowly and carefully - but please...do it!

My bunnies have my whole large 2 bedroom flat to run around but they dont run about too much, I think it might be their age (they are 8 and 9 years old now)
They do have a mad 5 minutes in the morning where they go charging about and knocking things over and then they go and sleep!

Love that picture Snowberry :lol::lol::lol:

My bunnies have been competing hard for a medal in tunnelling :lol:

427619_1922253272077_1175459488_n1.jpg

Our Olympic bunnies are sooo clever!

After all that training, Louie won the Gold in being shattered :D

House041.jpg

Muppette would win a gold in the shovelling dandelion leaves down the throat as fast as you possibly can event.

When Ginger and Pickles were babies the used to do the relay! They used to take it in turns to run to one end of the aviary, kick the mesh with their back feet and run to the other side, then do the same.

Back