• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny not using her run, any advice please???

I got my gorgeous lop eared bunny - Daisy from a friend who had been passed from a friend etc so poor Daisy has been shipped about quite a lot. She is about 2 yrs old and was an indoor bunny previously but i have decided to put her outside. She has a huge hutch 6ft x 2ft with a 6ft run attached which is underneath the hutch (it has a ramp to help her to get down) I've had Daisy for about 5 wks now and she seems quite settled - the only thing is she wont go in her run. I have put carpet onto the ramp so it isnt slippy for her - i have tried putting her in the run but she just runs back into her hutch and never goes down. Will it just take for her to get used to her new surroundings before she feels comfortable to go down into her run or is there something i can do to encourage her? I have tried putting her food down there and she has toys but no luck.

hi,

i recently took in a couple of foster rabbits and when it looked like it could be long term i got a 2 tier hutch and run and moved them outside.

the ramp was slippy and quite narrow, like you i put carpet on it to help but one fell of the ramp a short distance and wouldn't use it again. after 2 days of trying everything you did like putting food downstairs etc i took the ramp out and attatched a bit of a side to it, like a bannister and they were using it fine within a few hours.

not sure how wide yours is or even if that is the issue with your rabbit. if she has only known inside the house she may feel a little unsettled in a run outside and may just need time to adjust.

sorry i couldn't be much help but didn't want to read and run!

Back