• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Niamh's Ill Again :-( U/D Responding Well to Pain Relief

I dont know if it is fair to keep 'trying', she has severe arthritic changes in both hips. It is not a condition that is ever going to get better :cry:

Last night there was A LOT of thumping from several of my Rabbits, Niamh included. So I think her extreme pain now is due to the thumping. She has had maximum doses of two pain killers now.

A ***** neighbour insists on leaving dog food out for the Urban Foxes. So of course they visit and my Rabbits, although all indoors, can hear and smell them. I have asked the neighbour to stop leaving food out, but she says that she does not think it is a problem...................

I will be speaking with C today. I just dont know what to do for the best :cry:

I dont know if it is fair to keep 'trying', she has severe arthritic changes in both hips. It is not a condition that is ever going to get better :cry:

Last night there was A LOT of thumping from several of my Rabbits, Niamh included. So I think her extreme pain now is due to the thumping. She has had maximum doses of two pain killers now.

A ***** neighbour insists on leaving dog food out for the Urban Foxes. So of course they visit and my Rabbits, although all indoors, can hear and smell them. I have asked the neighbour to stop leaving food out, but she says that she does not think it is a problem...................

I'm sorry to hear Niamh is poorly. I'm sure you're already trying everything I could suggest so I won't teach Grandma to suck lemons!

Maybe a phonecall to the council to suggest your neighbours fox food is encouraging rats? The council acted very promptly when we had a similar problem with our neighbours.

Last edited:
What a horrible inconsiderate neighbour :( :evil:

Sending mega vibes for Niamh, poor baby :( xxx

Poor Niamh. :( Healing vibes being sent.
Isn't there a worry of foxes carrying rabies there? I would think there would be laws against feeding wild creatures as there are here. It proliferates a species to dangerous proportions especially if disease develops and then the city has to take drastic measures to eliminate the problem, blah, blah, blah.....
What a foolish neighbor. She is creating a health hazard as well as needlessly terrorizing your precious bunny family. :evil:

Poor Niamh. :( Healing vibes being sent.
Isn't there a worry of foxes carrying rabies there? I would think there would be laws against feeding wild creatures as there are here. It proliferates a species to dangerous proportions especially if disease develops and then the city has to take drastic measures to eliminate the problem, blah, blah, blah.....
What a foolish neighbor. She is creating a health hazard as well as needlessly terrorizing your precious bunny family. :evil:

There is no rabies in the UK. But foxes are a pest.

So sorry to hear Niamh is not well again. I really hope she improves.

I think that the fact the neighbour knows you have rabbits and still leaves food out is very inconsiderate..Id be very angry. Sending huge vibes for Niamh xxx

Sorry to hear that Niamh is poorly again :cry: Also sorry that you have to deal with such a horrible neighbour, I think that's very selfish and disrespectful of them! Sending lots of vibes xxx

Niamh is doing a lot better now, thank you

She responded well to the pain relief and she is eating again. I guess this is a scenario we are going to meet quite often now :cry:

Back