• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went to ikea today..

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Bought Poppy a friend! :lol: It's a hare.. Don't tell her ;) :lol: and Donny and Lola have a new hay rack! It's really big :shock:

IMAG1124.jpg

Do you find the hayrack works???

My pair have never had a hayrack and arent big hay eaters - do you think it would help??

PS i always have so much fun in ikea haha

What is that hayrack thing & how does it work? (well I know how it works but how do you use it as a hayrack :lol:):wave:

Do you find the hayrack works???

My pair have never had a hayrack and arent big hay eaters - do you think it would help??

PS i always have so much fun in ikea haha

Haven't put it in yet but a few people on here have it and when I saw it for £1.50 I thought I might as well have one! :D I'll get my bf to nail it in but I might find some other way to attach it :) I think the hay will be easier to get out for them because their metal hay rack is rarely touched! And for £1.50 it might be worth a try :D you could have it on the floor filled with hay if you didn't mind cleaning up :lol:

What is that hayrack thing & how does it work? (well I know how it works but how do you use it as a hayrack :lol:):wave:

My mom had to fold it for me :lol: it's a plastic bag holder thing :) it comes flat and I couldn't clip it together! It was fairly easy but I'm really weak so couldn't do it :(:lol: I don't know whether to have it on its side or up right, but I think they'll enjoy having more hay in one place :) Donny likes to eat hay from raised places rather than Lola who likes the eating out of the litter tray :)

Ah, I see :D I've tried various different hay racks but they've all ended up getting thrown around :roll: My latest attempt was a metal one which I nailed to the wall, came downstairs one morning and it was on the floor :shock::roll: So nowadays I tend to just put the hay straight on the floor or in litter trays.

Snap! I have that hayrack! Same colour too. Actually I've had 3 :lol: I end up chucking them everytime I move as I dont have room, and then buying another at the other side! They're really good, big holes to get the hay out of, Anna can get her whole face in the slit one, and Barney doesnt attack it and get frustrated like he does with other racks. It keeps the hay clean, but gives them a bit of a chance to forage through and pick the good bits still.

You could attach it with the sticky pads on the back Aly&Poppy? I used sticky-back velcro on mine though so I can take it off for cleaning. In the past I've just tied it onto bars with string.

I have the hayrack as a bag dispenser ;)

I love ikea, it's literally up the road from my parents and not too far from me either! :love::love:

Back