• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need some help - What might that be????

sharkfur

Warren Scout
Hi bunbuds...

I have a very strange question. I mean, it might be nothing special for you guys, but it is new for me.. So my boy Nyunyu is a 2,5 year-old buck. Happy as can be, a real cheeky fellow, and a banana-addict. He's fine, nothing's wrong with him.. BUT! today i discovered something strange (for me)... i gave him a gentle bum-bath, because he was sneaky earlier today and ate all kinds of vegetetables and he sometimes has watery feces when his appetite is not controlled :p So..anyway, while I was washing his bum, i discovered this strange thing: there are some sorta glandulae where his manly parts are growing out of his groin. So really hard to spot. 1 gland on each side, producing some strange, orange-brownish matter similar to - sorry for the example - earwax, both in terms of consistency and colour.. and looked quite greasy too, because water didn't seem to solve it.. However I washed it off, but I dunno what that is. I feel like such a bad bun-parent for not knowing what it is :/ Although I am generally good with biology and pets and their anatomy, I can only guess: some sort of matter that bucks use to make a mark? can any of you help me out with your knowledge? :) thanks and sniffles to all of you :wave:

It sounds like the scent glands - they can get clogged up and do need cleaning if bun doesn't do it for themself.

Back