• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fleas

Hello all,

Is anyone else having trouble with fleas at the moment? I wouldn't say my rabbit (Pipkin) is riddled but I have spotted a couple I think and she is scratching more than normal.

Are there any flea treatments products around that people would recommend, I have done some research and most seem to be quite environmentally damaging, or the reviews are poor.

Any recommendations, greatly appreciated. Obviously if it gets any worse I will take her to the vets but would rather ask here first.

Cheers,

Matt.

There are lots of fleas about at the mo,

Well there is here in Kent.

I was standing at a cash machine and had one jump on me, Hubby had one jump on him at work, Mum did walking down the road.

Blurgh!!

Dogs and cats been done with Frontline but so far no buns seem to be effected.

First time in 11 years I've had rabbits, my rabbit got fleas. I went to the vets and got some advantage for him and flea stuff for the house and cat and they're all gone. So it worked well. I've been hearing of more flea infestations recently too.

I noticed alst night that mine are scratching - i may have to take them to the vet, cos i cant see anything on them but hate the thought of them having fleas :(

Thanks for the replies guys, I will keep an eye out for them all.

I have also been recommended WipeOut wipes by my Vet. I haven't tried them yet so can't say what they're like. Has anyone had any experience with them?

I definitely think infestations are on the rise. Do you think it is due to the humidity or just a year for them, in the way we were infested with ladybirds in 2009?

Back