• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much would you pay for a second hand happy hutch and run combo with run extension

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
It's ok, I'm not trying to sell one :lol:

I'm in discussions with someone about buying a second hand happy hutch and run combo with run extension, so the hutch is the standard 6x2x2 and it sits on top of the run which with the extension is 6x8 instead of the normal sized 6x4.

Bought new it would cost £250; this one is a good few years old although most of that time has been in a garage gathering dust, it was used for several months a few years back. I can collect in my car so transport cost is not an issue.

The problem is, neither of us have the faintest idea what is a reasonable price for it :lol: There is nothing similar on eBay so it's very difficult to find a reasonable balance - they don't want to charge me more than its worth and I don't want to rip them off. So we thought we'd take an unpartisan view and ask the goodly people of RU what you think!

Would anyone care to venture an opinion on what might be a reasonable price?

Last edited:
I tend to think about 50% of new value if in good/reasonable condition. It does sound like it could be in nearly new condition though, so maybe a bit more. £150 maybe?

I bought 2 big double storey 6X2 ( I presume thats the usual standard size of a double story hutch?) hutches which were joined at the bottom level...so lower level was one space with 2 upstairs levels either side.

The hutches came with good condition covers too.

I paid £99. This was about 2 years ago.

So...yeah - Id not want to pay more than that for a hutch and run combo.

BUT mine did not need any repairs or anything done - so if the hutch and run combo needs workd done then Id minus the repairs costs off.

Oh poo, I thought you were going to be selling one! But it seems you are in fact going to be buying one!

Had you been selling I was going to offer £100 ish if that's any help?

Oh poo, I thought you were going to be selling one! But it seems you are in fact going to be buying one!

Had you been selling I was going to offer £100 ish if that's any help?

oh bless!:lol:
what area do you live in? i can do a little search and see for you!;)

Aw thank you hun! i'm in Somerset and am scouring the place for things to do up and or convert for rescue buns.
I 'think' i have found somwhere with 8 x 4 footers so I'm hoping that will be 4 x 8 footers by the time I'm finished:lol:

Aw thank you hun! i'm in Somerset and am scouring the place for things to do up and or convert for rescue buns.
I 'think' i have found somwhere with 8 x 4 footers so I'm hoping that will be 4 x 8 footers by the time I'm finished:lol:

:lol: I hope so!
I will keep an eye out...have you looked in charity shops too? often there are bits you can convert or do up...but obviously bigger scale....prob not. I will keep an eye out for any freebies you way!:thumb:

So somewhere between £50-£150 then :lol:Thanks, that's given us a ball park :D

(but please feel free to add other thoughts if you have them...damn, should have done a poll!)

So somewhere between £50-£150 then :lol:Thanks, that's given us a ball park :D

(but please feel free to add other thoughts if you have them...damn, should have done a poll!)

:roll::lol: Could you post a pic and then do a poll?

Give you an idea what people would pay for it and the condition its in!;)

(Or you could ask for it for free and they can visit the residents in it whenever they please!:lol:)

Hutches devalue very quickly, so I would say half the original price if in good condition, minus the cost of any repairs needing doing.

I've seen hutches (albeit small ones) that would have been bought for £50-100 on selling sites go for £10-30, so at half the bought price you may be over-paying a bit.

Back