• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think someone is telling porkies!!

R.P.B.G.G

Mama Doe
Hey everyone,

without going into too much detail as I have reported this lady to the RSPCA

Please take a look at these 2 french lops that are apparently 8 weeks old.

They are seen in this pic with one of my rescue french lops who is just over 10weeks old

KateMapleChester.jpg

Just looking at the photo's how old would you say they are, or are they just seriously malnourished?

Both are very bony, urine stained feet.

Thanks

I've just had another look compared to pics of Bramble (my smallest) at 8 weeks and she was much more.... rounded. They look very skinny little things. Can you weigh them? Bramble was 0.8 kilos at 8 weeks.

Comparison - Bramble (mini lop) at 8 weeks: (please ignore the sawdust I was uneducated at the time :lol:)

462237_10150659302104487_1929621334_o.jpg

414593_10150659293919487_1026930773_o.jpg

I've just had another look compared to pics of Bramble (my smallest) at 8 weeks and she was much more.... rounded. They look very skinny little things. Can you weigh them? Bramble was 0.8 kilos at 8 weeks.

Comparison - Bramble (mini lop) at 8 weeks: (please ignore the sawdust I was uneducated at the time :lol:)

462237_10150659302104487_1929621334_o.jpg

414593_10150659293919487_1026930773_o.jpg

oh gosh yes, wasnt she more round and baby.
My guess is that they maybe older but malnourished.....definitely underfed....

Thanks for your replies,
I am due to get them out and have a weigh in and full check over in a bit, was letting them settle as they are very skittish.

What has confused us is we came about knowing where they were after a friend picked one up from there last week and was told they were 9weeks old, but now this week we are told 8weeks old,

Im not fussed they will be staying here, and will be booking to get a vet to assess them.

Being very careful with what they are eating as other friends bunny got very bloated first day with her, there was no garden at this place either :( poor lil loves

Poor things! I have no idea as I have no experience with baby bunnies but one thing I would say is they really should be quarantined away from all other buns if you have just got them. :wave:

Apart from that one pic, they are in a separate area to the other buns.

They have no obvious sign of sickness or any other cause for concern.

Apart from that one pic, they are in a separate area to the other buns.

They have no obvious sign of sickness or any other cause for concern.

There wont always be any tell tale signs and it only takes one meet to spread an infection. Not trying to be mean here just trying to protect your bunnies. :)

No of course,
Thank you, Kate has only been here a few weeks too, so she too is still in a separate are to the other buns.

Times like this I want to bash peoples heads in, why breed? them to treat them like that?
I still have the stench in the back of my nose :shock:

No of course,
Thank you, Kate has only been here a few weeks too, so she too is still in a separate are to the other buns.

Times like this I want to bash peoples heads in, why breed? them to treat them like that?
I still have the stench in the back of my nose :shock:

I'm just thankful there are people like you out there willing to pick up the pieces. :thumb::thumb: Unfortunately there will always be idiots in it for the money :(.

I only see inside the front door,
but judging by the stench there is a lot going on in there.

What I saw was disgraceful, offered advise but got shunned, so I can only hope they do something about her.

Back