• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some people go to the extreme...

courtneydayle

Alpha Buck
I wasn't meaning for everyone to critize this woman, so I'm taking it all down. I was just posting it so people could see how far some people go to protect their animals.

Last edited:
I wouldn't even put my piggies in those cages :shock:
Are some of them hamster cages?? I'm sure she's doing it for the best in her mind but I doubt the rabbits are much better off.

I agree the pic is bad but it's because the temp is 110F. If it's a choice between dying or bringing them in for a day or two, bringing them in is better I reckon... though they could certainly have a better set up.

Mine never died in 100+ heat when I had them outdoors - they were in the shade, had frozen bottles sometimes, had cool things to lay on (water crocks, laying on metal wire which is much cooler than wood, etc) sometimes had a fan etc... But apparently rabbits do die in the heat. I don't think it ever got to 110F degrees but it does sometimes get to the low 100's and actually feel like 116F with heat index.

I agree the pic is bad but it's because the temp is 110F. If it's a choice between dying or bringing them in for a day or two, bringing them in is better I reckon... though they could certainly have a better set up.

Mine never died in 100+ heat when I had them outdoors - they were in the shade, had frozen bottles sometimes, had cool things to lay on (water crocks, laying on metal wire which is much cooler than wood, etc) sometimes had a fan etc... But apparently rabbits do die in the heat. I don't think it ever got to 110F degrees but it does sometimes get to the low 100's and actually feel like 116F with heat index.

Yeah I don't think rabbits can control their body temperature. I worried about mine when we had snow here, I'd be just as worried in hot weather too.

If only the poor darlings had a better set up :cry:

Yeah I don't think rabbits can control their body temperature. I worried about mine when we had snow here, I'd be just as worried in hot weather too.

If only the poor darlings had a better set up :cry:

Yeah, they can deal with the cold much better than the heat, in most cases. I think they can regulate their body temp through their ears though, which is why you're supposed to dampen their ears on a hot day. Here in Florida they can't really deal with the cold though because they don't grow a thick coat in the winter, so we always had to bring them in on cold nights. My parents knew of a breeder who had a lot of rabbits die once on a cold night even though they were in a shed with lots of hay, and maybe even heat, I can't remember now :(

Those cages are horrific even for a temporary setup! :cry: I don't see how any of that is going to keep them cool? :( They can't even move :cry:

:shock: Some of them don't look like they can turn around! I'm sure they'd be much more comfortable if they had the space to flop out. :cry:

I certainly hope they have air conditioning!
Those cages are still awful though, I really hope they won't have to be in there for long :(

Yeah, thing is she probably has their best interests at heart or she wouldn't even bother....she just needs some tips :( Let any bonded pairs/groups free range rabbit proof rooms, set up dog crate/puppy play pen set ups, c&c cages, etc.

Back