• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just got my insurance sorted...

MotherPanda

Warren Scout
Just FINALLY sorted out my rabbit insurance - about £7.50 a month for my 5 year old bun :) I'm a happy lady.

Just a shame I had to use petsathome to do it... nobody else will take my 'overage' bunnies.

Just thought i'd spread out how good a feeling it is to know that we are covered now, I reduced my pension at work to do this, so won't even notice it going out.

:D:D:D

We are still undecided whether to get insurance for our buns or not - as the policies don't seem to cover much?

I've had all my buns insured with PetsatHome, and they have paid out around £1.5k in the past year (my buns had a very hard time of it). I have had no problems whatsoever with them.

I got a wonderful peace of mind from insuring my 5+ bunny as well as I hadn't been able to insure him when I insured the others. Only about 3 months later I put in a claim for £1K - thank goodness I'd found P@H insurance and taken it out.

We are still undecided whether to get insurance for our buns or not - as the policies don't seem to cover much?

I'm with Babsie on the confusion. It covers pretty much everything except routine dentals and any pre-existing conditions and the quicker you get them insured the less likely they have pre-existing conditions and the more that is covered. When you think of all the systems within the body and all the things that can go wrong and all the available treatments you can get a hell of a lot of value for c £80 worth of insurance from P@H cover. Even 'just' stasis can run the bills up so having insurance for that can be a godsend.

One of my rabbits, Erin, I've had for 18 months and insured from day 1. She has had about 5 or 6 stasis episodes in total costing about £700. She's just been given a diagnosis of surgical adhesions so she is very likely to have more of these episodes and may even require surgery if it becomes really bad. It's just one example of the many things insurance covers.

I got a wonderful peace of mind from insuring my 5+ bunny as well as I hadn't been able to insure him when I insured the others. Only about 3 months later I put in a claim for £1K - thank goodness I'd found P@H insurance and taken it out.

I'm with Babsie on the confusion. It covers pretty much everything except routine dentals and any pre-existing conditions and the quicker you get them insured the less likely they have pre-existing conditions and the more that is covered. When you think of all the systems within the body and all the things that can go wrong and all the available treatments you can get a hell of a lot of value for c £80 worth of insurance from P@H cover. Even 'just' stasis can run the bills up so having insurance for that can be a godsend.

One of my rabbits, Erin, I've had for 18 months and insured from day 1. She has had about 5 or 6 stasis episodes in total costing about £700. She's just been given a diagnosis of surgical adhesions so she is very likely to have more of these episodes and may even require surgery if it becomes really bad. It's just one example of the many things insurance covers.

I think I've been looking at the wrong ones - when I did a little bit of research a while ago the policies didn't even cover medicines :shock: Will investigate P@H :)

im soo glad i had my buns insured what with mabels costs lasts year, really did help, routne dentals are excluded, so if she was to need anymore dentals then they won't pay for that, but im rest assured that if anything untoward (hope not) was to happen then they are covered for other things

Back