• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

URGENT - bunny found in Wood Green, London area

lizzyjm

Alpha Buck
I've just had an email from a friend who found a lost rabbit in the Wood Green area. He thinks it must be a pet as it's not scared of people and it's also an urban area. He's left a notice up with his phone number for owners to claim but isn't sure what to do with it overnight or if no-one rings at all. He can't keep it as it's against his rental agreement and he only has one room anyway! Is there anyone in the area, or any rescues, that could take it? If it comes to it, I could take it very temporarily, though it would have to stay in the travel carrier to keep separately from my two. I do at least have hay and things and also experience, which he really doesn't. I'm also nervous about taking it as my two haven't had their jabs since last September. At the moment, he's got it in a bin with a cup of water!

Cant help Im afraid, but maybe take some hay and perhaps a bowl for water round for the bun whilst somethings being arranged?

Hope poor bun gets home soon x

Yeah, I'm going to go up there in a bit with some hay and my travel carrier and possibly take him back with me. If we don't hear from the owners though I will have to leave him alone tomorrow as I really can't take tomorrow off work. Will hopefully be able to sort out a mini-pen away from my buns.

Thanks for replying!

Wood green animal shelter is a reputable rescue, it has three sites, the one in wood green is cats only, but it might be worth giving them a ring as they may be able to find someone local who can look after the bunny overnight and take it to one of their other shelters (who do have bunnies) tomorrow. I think they have an emergency number on their website. Good luck to the little thing x

Give The Mayhew a call, they may be able to house him as they have rabbit pens (albeit only 5). They're in Kensal Green.

Poor lost bunbun!

Yeah, I thought of the Mayhew, they're the only rescue I really know of in North London. I ran the London Marathon for them last year. My friend rang the Wood Green place but they're only manned in office hours apparently.

Hooray, the Mayhew have come to the rescue! Turns out their Media Officer lives nearby and is going to take it tonight as a strictly one-off. Makes my marathon-running last year worthwhile!

Hooray, the Mayhew have come to the rescue! Turns out their Media Officer lives nearby and is going to take it tonight as a strictly one-off. Makes my marathon-running last year worthwhile!

Glad to hear it. Bunny has landed on his feet

Ps well done for running a marathon!!

Back