• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jemimah was hospitalised today

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
Was late to work as took little moomin to the vets, she's refusing to eat :(, she's not as perky as usual but still 'alert' and is moving around, as of yet no interest in food, vets are looking after her, have syringe fed her too. She's still not eaten solids herself. Can feel pellets in her abdomen but no sign of bloat and all teethies that are visible are fine. I hope she eats soon :( all being well I'll pick her up at 6.30pm after work. Please can we have some nomming vibes? xx :(

Oh no :(
Charlotte did this a couple of weeks ago, turned out she had some fur passing through that was causing problems. Is Jemimah moulting? Charlotte didnt eat for herself for 36 hours but was back to her usual self after that.
Loads and loads of vibes xxxxxx

Hey, She is indeed moulting, she's such a fluffster :( I really hope if it is fur it passes soon. Thank you so much for the vibes. I'm glad Charlotte got better xx

Hey, She is indeed moulting, she's such a fluffster :( I really hope if it is fur it passes soon. Thank you so much for the vibes. I'm glad Charlotte got better xx

Damn the evil moult :evil:

Charlotte had 6 days worth of Metacloperamide (1 days worth at the vets) which we slowly decreased by 0.05ml a day, and 3 days of Metacam. She didnt eat atall the night and day she spent at the vets but ate as soon as she came home :)

Hoping to hear positive news about Jemimah soon xxxxx

Thanks everyone, just phoned the vets for an update. Still not nomming, but she's bright and alert and has been destroying the 'kennel' at the vets...with Roger :lol:. Vet is pretty happy with how she's taking syringe feeding and her stomach is relaxed. Still not much progress with droppings either, the vet thinks she may eat once she gets home and is back in familiar environments as Roger too is holding off the noms whilst at the vets. xx

Thanks everyone, just phoned the vets for an update. Still not nomming, but she's bright and alert and has been destroying the 'kennel' at the vets...with Roger :lol:. Vet is pretty happy with how she's taking syringe feeding and her stomach is relaxed. Still not much progress with droppings either, the vet thinks she may eat once she gets home and is back in familiar environments as Roger too is holding off the noms whilst at the vets. xx

Yeh like I said Charlotte didnt eat until she was back here with us and Max, buns do so much better at home :love:

Glad shes still bright and being naughty :D

Hi guys, thank you :love:

Was up with little miss at 2am, syringe feeding , medicating and watering. This morning 6am she was alert and brighter and actually outside the base in the haybox. Gave breakfast she wasn't that interested, medicated again and syringe fed and then she decided to try a sprig of coriander and a 1cm length of babycorn. It's better than nothing, she's still off, but she has passed some droppings - no hair though :? x

Still not nomming properly and poos are passing but small. Syringe fed again at 2am, medicated at 6.30am, she nommed 2 x 1cm baby corn pieces and some dill and coriander but not alot. Tonight will be the test x

oh noo - nomming vibes coming your way....good she is passing some poops...hope she starts eating abit more...lotsa vibes hun xxx

Back