• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unneutered House Bun??

Bellikinz

Warren Scout
Hey there!

Yesterday was the big day we finally finished the rabbit nic cube condo! I love it, and can't wait to put Tucker inside. :)
He isn't neutered or litter trained though, so I'm hesitant to just put him right in and hope he learns quickly... He was orginally not going to stay, but we've all learned to love his personality! He will hopefully get neutered as soon as we have some time and money, as the next few weeks are fairly busy. Do you think I should just put him in the condo and keep my fingers crossed he learns like my others buns? Set up newspaper and towels and such

Also, just out of curiousity has anyone had a successful bonded pair- an unneutered male and spayed female? Thanks

I personally have never known anyone with an unneutered buck living with a neutered female. I had 2 rather elderly buns girl neutered but boy wasn't and thought they might appreciate one another's company and as the boy was 8 years old he may not want to bother the female. In fact he did pester the female quite considerably, she tolerated his attentions very well but I really thought it wasn't fair on her. So I split them up. An unneutered buck seems to want to mate with a female constantly, whether this is the norm or not I don't know but as you can hopefully see any female would get a bit stressed out to say the least. As for cleanliness, some unneutered bucks are very clean but neutering makes the others cleaner.

Yes, that's what I've heard so many times...

Before my one boy Oscar was neutered (he died by cause of the op :cry: ) he and my spayed girl Morgan would sniff eachother and groom through the fences. They seemed to love eachother. And I do recall him escaping and them playing together, but I separated them before I could actually see how they acted...

I've since got my other male Theo neutered somewhere else, but I'm antsy to do Tucker as it hasn't helped Theo's behavior in the least. Infact it might even be worse? In regards to cleanliness and friendliness, I mean.

I think I'll put him in the condo and see how he is, and whenever we get some time we will have him neutered and bonded with Morgan. :)

Back