• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lion-Lop Hair Cut Question

Beau Belle

Mama Doe
Hello :wave:

Bit of a stupid question to owners of Lion-Lops: do you trim their hair? And if so, how do you go about trimming around the face without cutting whiskers by accident?? :roll:

Ricky lets me trim his fur (he is *very* hairy) around neck, back and bottom without problems, but I'm terrified of going near his little face. :cry: He has so much hair around his eyes and chops, it seems to get in his way - but I don't know if it should be trimmed or best left alone?

Rosie is a lion head cross but I don't think she would sit still long enough for me to cut her nicely :lol:
Although she does get this skirt around her bum and I wouldn't mind getting rid of that, just to help keep it all nice and tidy

Looking at the pics in your sig, Rosie doesn't seem to have a particularly furry face? Ricky is so hairy, I think it must bother him. :cry:

hiyaim on my phon at the moment but ill pop on in a bit and give you some tips.
i have 5 lionheads of all varying fur types one in particular is very fluffy.
xxx

I don't have to do a thing..................Estelle nibbles off Frankie's stray fur!!!!!:thumb:

:shock::shock::lol::lol:

Ahhh hah, right on the main laptop now.

we tend not to trim our Bunnies fur unless it is needed,
Guessing by what your saying your little fella is double fuzzy?
So id just shorten the fur around his eyes VERY CAREFULLY!!
i also remove some of the longer fur around the bums to avoid urine getting in there fur.

Id use proper hairdressing scissors, but please be very carefull when trimming round the eyes as its very fiddly and i only suggest doing it IF your bunnies fur is in its eyes.
My manny's fur is forever Poking his eyeballs, and hes already got naff eye sight:)

I used to trim my fluffy bunny's fur down his nose so that it didnt poke him in his eyes but that was only bit i cut

Fudge is a double maned lion-lop (apparently a lop, but he's got up ears), I don't trim fur as he never seems to need it.

Miffy on the other hand is a Lion nethie cross and her fur is so long, she has a regular haircut, I trim all her skirt off, all the fluffy bits round her tummy and front legs and very careful across her eyes and round her mouth :love:

Back