• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Colour? reddy/black

I thought torts were like tort cats with random patches of ginger and black? They look pointed like Burmese or Siamese. Hm actually I think I'm thinking of harlequin. Which is what tortoiseshells should look like in my opinion lol and those torts look like what Burmese should look like. Weird rabbit genetics. :lol: :p

They look like sooty fawn to me....! My Pixie was the same colour.

(although I think some people would call it tort...!)

I thought torts were like tort cats with random patches of ginger and black? They look pointed like Burmese or Siamese. Hm actually I think I'm thinking of harlequin. Which is what tortoiseshells should look like in my opinion lol and those torts look like what Burmese should look like. Weird rabbit genetics. :lol: :p

Tort in cat terms are 'Tort&whites', used to get me confused too!

in guinea pig terms, you have torts- which are red and black patches,
Harlequin - which it swirly red and black
tort and white - which is white red and black patches.

Rabbits: Siamese sables, torts, sooty fawns, smoke pearls, and over marked himalayans can all look really similar and confusingg! all beautiful though!

and seal points!

'tort cats' are like Tri Rabbits :)

Last edited:
its hard to tell the photographer has upped the saturation making them look more orangey :?:?

By one hell of a lot. :shock: They almost look orange!

Originally, that image would have them looking like this;

IMG_5287editedSmall.jpg

Biscuit is 'sooty fawn' if i remember rightly :wave:

I'd say they're definitely sooty fawns. A lot of cameras produce images with highly saturated colours these days, which aren't necessarily true to life.

Back