• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Destructive rabbits

Alicia

Mama Doe
In the past few weeks Archie and Izzy have got much more destructive. When they come inside the house they are so well behaved, they don't chew or break anything but in their hutch they mess it all up really quickly. I normally put newspaper down and then go to get their bedding and they rip all the newspaper up and throw it around the hutch before I've even got the bedding. I cleaned them out yesterday and they've taken all their newspaper and bedding out of the enclosed part of the hutch and put it all in the open bit and thrown some in the run. I understand they are making beds and digging is what rabbits do but they never used to throw their bedding around so much. If I try to move things back, Archie pulls them back and kicks me or headbutts my hand off. I know it's not aggressive or anything but it's much more grumpy than he normally is. Is there anything I can do about them throwing everything around or not? I've tried putting things on the edge so they can't pull it up but it doesn't really work because then they just rip the newspaper up from the middle.

Back