• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally saw what animal lives in that hutch over the fence...

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
I saw him hop into the bedroom area and then back to sit in that corner. I would say he can hop about 1 and a bit or 2 hops.

*removed by moderator*

Opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know any good leaflets I can post around? I might have some RWAF ones that I got from the vets a while ago but will have to hunt for those

I would personally go and knock on their door and have a chat with them. Take some leaflets with you or print some out and explain how you keep your bunnies and why their hutch is inadequate etc. Do it all nicely and keep it light and friendly. Offer them some old toys or something to put in for the poor bun :(

I would go round and have a chat, take some hay, say your rabbit doesn't like it etc. and ask about it.

As for the pictures, you can photograph anything or anyone in this country and do what you like with the pictures (provided they are not covered by any obscenity laws etc.) our privacy laws allow it.

I would go around and chat to them but I always get so nervous and shy about these kinds of things, I'd have no idea what to say :( Would feel more comfortable putting a leaflet through the letterbox...

Also I think the owners are an older couple, I don't think they have any kids from what I can tell.

You could go with the hay offering as suggested above, or maybe just to say that you saw they have a rabbit and realised you have something in common..... maybe you could then eventually come round to talking about the hutch but I wouldnt dive in with that straight away. I agree it looks like a Guinea pig hutch, but the floor area, although not great, isnt tha-at bad, compared to some out there, so they probably just dont realise, rather than being owners who dont care.

You could go with the hay offering as suggested above, or maybe just to say that you saw they have a rabbit and realised you have something in common..... maybe you could then eventually come round to talking about the hutch but I wouldnt dive in with that straight away. I agree it looks like a Guinea pig hutch, but the floor area, although not great, isnt tha-at bad, compared to some out there, so they probably just dont realise, rather than being owners who dont care.

Yeah they probably got told it would be fine at the pet shop and didn't think twice about it.
I will print off a leaflet about basic rabbit care. Like hay, lots of space, neutering etc.

I still don't agree with the leaflet approach. I think going round with an excuse, like oh I noticed you have a rabbit, I have some spare feed/bedding etc and then ask them about him in a friendly way.

I still don't agree with the leaflet approach. I think going round with an excuse, like oh I noticed you have a rabbit, I have some spare feed/bedding etc and then ask them about him in a friendly way.

I agree, I think leaflet dropping is more likely to get an unfavourable response. Face to face is always the best approach. Be brave LittleEskimo! Think how good you'd feel afterwards.

go round. say you couldn't help but notice they have a beautiful pet and as you are a big rabbit lover and had some spare treats left over you brought them round for him, oh and by the way I was given these brill leaflets about how to get the most out of keeping a rabbit and thought you might like them too. throw in maybe they would like to come round and meet your rabbits? - if they come to have a look and see how much nicer your set up looks its a big tempter.
annoymous leaflets through door are more likely to get them thinking ok who can see they bun and being annoyed at being secretly spied on!

Judging by the photo it does look as though there is a run attached.

Posting 1 photo of a bun in a hutch and moaning about it, not very fair, when that bun could be let out in the morn and in, in the evening.

I will try to say some words instead of putting it in through the letterbox...But I will most probably freak out and run away

Back