• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vaccinations Combi/Single Q

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
This might have been answered & apologies if it has but I searched & there are so many threads re this! If a rabbit has vhd vaccine in Feb, will it affect her in any way to have the combination vaccine five months later? Thanks

This might have been answered & apologies if it has but I searched & there are so many threads re this! If a rabbit has vhd vaccine in Feb, will it affect her in any way to have the combination vaccine five months later? Thanks

I think it will be fine - but your best bet would be to phone your vet and check, so you can then go ahead and make the appointment.

If she's had her VHD vac in February her next one's due on February 2013, the VHD single vac needs to be given every year.

I'm presuming she's due her Myxo vac in August ?
If she is due in August then I would ask the vet to give her the single Myxo vaccine.

Then in 6 months she'll be due again for myxo and the VHD jab will also be due.

So in February 2013 when she's due Myxo and VHD I would ask the vet to vaccinate using the combined vac.

If she's had her VHD vac in February her next one's due on February 2013, the VHD single vac needs to be given every year.

I'm presuming she's due her Myxo vac in August ?
If she is due in August then I would ask the vet to give her the single Myxo vaccine.

Then in 6 months she'll be due again for myxo and the VHD jab will also be due.

So in February 2013 when she's due Myxo and VHD I would ask the vet to vaccinate using the combined vac.

Thanks, Yes I was thinking this. Just wanted to know whether or not it could be done :)

I wouldn't have thought having the same 2 jabs within 6 months was a good idea as technically it would be an overdose.

It's fine to have it one of mine had their vhd and myxi in jan and i brought them to the vets this month for their next myxi but the vet had the combi and she said it's fine to have it even if they've had their others in Jan. That's was couple of weeks ago now and they're fine

Ruthie xxx

My rabbits have all had the combi vaccine when either vaccine became due, so some of them were only due the myxi this time round and had both approximately 6 months earlier. I just followed vet's advice on this as I probably would have gone for single myxi vaccination but we went for the belief that they would be better protected against myxi with the combined vaccine than the single one.

I just had my bunnies who were all due VHD in 6 months time the combi vaccs and they were fine. I checked with the vet on the day and he said it would have no adverse affects and would actually still make them better protected than the would be with the single vacc VHD wise. The only issue I have is that my combi vaccs cost a fortune! It is still a saving but with 11 buns and it being top price in one go, it is crippling me! :eek:

I just had my bunnies who were all due VHD in 6 months time the combi vaccs and they were fine. I checked with the vet on the day and he said it would have no adverse affects and would actually still make them better protected than the would be with the single vacc VHD wise. The only issue I have is that my combi vaccs cost a fortune! It is still a saving but with 11 buns and it being top price in one go, it is crippling me! :eek:

It's a shame you aren't closer because a new practice is charging 12.50 for the combined vaccs :shock:

Yeah 3 times that for mine too. I went in expecting it to be the price it was before and for them to get the single vaccine as I didn't know ours had started doing the combi and then she told me so I had to pay out twice as much as I expected thankfully I had it in my bank account but i might not have done

Ruthie xxx

I'd get the combi - mine will be getting it as soon as they need either vacc doing because of the better myxo protection.

mine had combi on 1st june, they had had there vhd and mx single in december, vet said there was no problem to bring it forward

Back