• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

advice pls!

hot cross bun

Alpha Buck
i went to a local charity farm today but on entry i spotted rabbits kept in tiny cages with wet food and dirty straw in when i enquired about how often they where let out for exercise i was told they had runs attached????not a run to me, then i asked when had they last been cleaned out as they was very dirty which i was told once a wk but if i didnt like what i saw go some where else! these poor buns are on my mind now and i am not sure where to go from here or who i could speak too.The other animals had far more room and seemed better looked after why are buns always the most neglected???:cry:oh and no hay at all

Last edited:
Possibly the local council? They may need a license of some sort that the council would issue.

a sign when you go in says it is not funded by the council,it is donation only,so would they be able to help still?

Yes because the license should be about welfare of the animals, the council should hopefully send someone to go look or a letter

Have you had a lot of rain today?
What time of day did you go?
How long did you spend there?

I go to a rescue centre often and sometimes I get there before the clean outs have begun (they all get checked and dirty bits out daily) they don't all have massive hutches.

I certainly wouldn't judge any of them there for it, (If you hear the stories too)

Have you had a lot of rain today?
What time of day did you go?
How long did you spend there?

I go to a rescue centre often and sometimes I get there before the clean outs have begun (they all get checked and dirty bits out daily) they don't all have massive hutches.

I certainly wouldn't judge any of them there for it, (If you hear the stories too)

yes it had rained but the straw inside should not be wet surely and they did say they were only cleaned out once a wk and never allowed out of the tiny hutches,i know not all buns have the best life but it seems very cruel to me being cooped up in a cage all its life:(

Back