• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits ****?!

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I keep getting wafts of rotten veg/cabbage in our lounge!
Me and OH have turned the room upside down and the only thing we can think of it being is the rabbit!
I've checked his bum and smelt his breath but the smell isn't around him all the time.
Is he farting?! :lol:

Probably

Me and OH have turned the room upside down and the only thing we can think of it being is the rabbit!
I've checked his bum and smelt his breath but the smell isn't around him all the time.

It's either the rabbit or your OH.

yeh Honeybear, blame the bunny why dont you!:lol:

Haha I did blame OH quite a lot but he's gone out now and the smells still lingering haha!

i dont know if buns ****. But sometimes in houses smells do linger of cooking/the bins and with this weather - humidity, heat, it's worse, perfect for bad smells/bacteria.

I recently bought reed diffusers - you know, the sticks you put in a glass jar of perfume and place up on a high shelf. they mask out any funnies, better than the ambi pur plug in's IMO which arent safe from toddlers/animals

i dont know if buns ****. But sometimes in houses smells do linger of cooking/the bins and with this weather - humidity, heat, it's worse, perfect for bad smells/bacteria.

I recently bought reed diffusers - you know, the sticks you put in a glass jar of perfume and place up on a high shelf. they mask out any funnies, better than the ambi pur plug in's IMO which arent safe from toddlers/animals

Just a note, any sort of perfume/air freshener in the house like this isnt really suitable if a bun lives in the room, in case it irritates their airways and they get snuffles.

I googled it! Apparently they can!
I can't find another explanation for it, spent the weekend cleaning and have now turned the house upside down for any other nasties, NOTHING!
Dirty little rabbit lol :lol:

yep! But it can be a sign on gas with is dangerous to rabbits, I'd cut back on green foods (especially cabbage, spring greens and broccoli) and then slowly introduce them again :wave:

Mae had bloat once and I left her in the car while I went to get hay, I came back to THE most horrendous smell! I took it as a good sign :lol:

Just a note, any sort of perfume/air freshener in the house like this isnt really suitable if a bun lives in the room, in case it irritates their airways and they get snuffles.

Are reed diffusers different as there is no spray involved? Just reeds stuck in scented water/oil, reeds soak the smell up and it spreads :wave:

Are reed diffusers different as there is no spray involved? Just reeds stuck in scented water/oil, reeds soak the smell up and it spreads :wave:

I was told on here by other snuffle-bun owners that all scented things like that, incense, scented candles, perfume, olbas oil etc should be avoided around the buns, and the reed diffusers are pretty potent stuff. Makes sense I guess, their noses are so much more sensitive and easily irritated.

Your right in that that is how they work. But not sure if suitable for buns as my buns are outdoor buns.

But i would be interested in knowing how you indoor bun people keep whiffs at bay? hope its not a silly question

Your right in that that is how they work. But not sure if suitable for buns as my buns are outdoor buns.

But i would be interested in knowing how you indoor bun people keep whiffs at bay? hope its not a silly question

Clean out litter trays often and open the windows at least for a few minutes every day to air the room :) I also made sure there was lots of hay in the trays, as it keeps the smell of the litter down. I used megazorb for litter. It used to smell for a little while after I'd cleaned the trays, so that was when I opened the windows.

Yepp :shock: Twice I've bought the rabbits inside, no TV or anything on, and heard the tiniest little parp coming from them :shock: :lol: Never noticed a smell though :lol:

Back