• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plant ID - I don't know if this is a weed or something we planted : |

whitehood

Warren Veteran
IMG-20120727-02981.jpg

IMG-20120727-02980.jpg

IMG-20120727-02979.jpg

My buddliah is different. But however, if you find it is buddliah,it IS safe for buns.....

I've just googled the pics of the plant you've both mentioned.

But the plant in my garden has whiskery things coming out of the flowers and the leaves are jaggedy :oops: *Bad description ?

07247.zoom.a.jpg

This one's flowers are more clearer to see

I've just googled the pics of the plant you've both mentioned.

But the plant in my garden has whiskery things coming out of the flowers and the leaves are jaggedy :oops: *Bad description ?

no, very good.My flowers on my buddliah are lilac in colour and havent got the whiskers.....hence mine are different like I said....

That be a Pink Buddleia David II

Searched google and finally found one that matched yours - Google Pink Buddleia in bloom - its on page 5 next to yellow plants

Plants resistant to rabbits, what does that mean ?

Spirea
Spirea shrubs are listed by the University of Illinois Extension as being resistant to rabbits. They are native to North America, and there are more than 70 species to choose from. Also known as meadowsweet, spirea is very hardy and can survive poor soil. They need full sun to flower, and they cannot tolerate wet locations. They produce flowers in white, pink and deep red.

Read more: Rabbit Resistant Shrubs & Plants | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7305439_rabbit-resistant-shrubs-plants.html#ixzz21xGJhRp4

How did you know that :shock:

Because I had no friends as a child so read every book in the house at least a million times, and we only had books on wildflowers and gardening:lol:

Rabbit resistant would ( I assume) mean that it is not attractive to buns, so they wouldn't eat it. However I don't know if it would be safe if they did eat it;)

Our wild meadowsweet is bunny safe but smells like germolene if you crush the leaves :lol:

Back