• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Edgar Allen Crow

Geoff's people

Alpha Buck
No-one here knew I had you as I hoped you would return to the wild little man, but you will be sorely missed :cry::cry:

2 months ago I came home to find I had had a delivery. A tiny little carrion crow chick had been found by the local scrap dealer, brought to him by his (fortunately very soft) dog. He was brought to me and we began the process of hand rearing.
Now I fully expected the worst, but little Edgar came on in leaps and bounds!
He learned to feed and preen himself. Would sit on top of his house demanding food, then would do the rounds hopping around the field begging for food from anyone he found:lol:
I stopped shutting him in at night and he would be up at dawn pulling worms for himself then finding a nice shady spot to cause mischief from.
He started to fly and began interacting with the wild crows.
I thought he would be gone by the end of the month.
He was, but he went to rainbow bridge, not the wild:cry::cry:
I found my little Edgar underneath his perch early yesterday morning:cry:
Fly free my little monkey, I will have a crow shaped hole in my heart from now on:love::love:

You were more than 'just a damned crow' to me:love:

So very sorry :(

We had a crow with a broken wing in our garden and we named him 'Brendon' and we would feed him every day and came to love him but sadly we found him dead one morning under our hedge
and we were really upset. They are such an intelligent bird.

Fly free forever at the Bridge Edgar xxxxxx

RIP edgar :(
Crows are so smart, I bet it was a real pleasure to have him around for the time you did and it sounds like he was very lucky to get the time with you too.

Thanks guys, I must admit this has ripped me to bits:cry:
He wasn't ill or at least he showed no symptoms, I keep having to sneak into the office at work for a little cry:oops:
Oh turd bird, you will be sorely missed (except by Kelloggs the rooster who always wanted your kitekat:lol:)

Back