• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sykes Happy Hutch - Opinions

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Yo, been looking at hutch run combos and wondering how good the Sykes hutch from Happy Hutch Co is.

I tried looking online and it seems to be either hit and miss, some say amazing, others say hutch from hell. What do you guys think?

I have the 6x2 foot hutch attached to the 6x4 ft run combo and it's good.

The mesh rectangles are a little wide and a cat/fox could probably get their claws and teeth in. So maybe ask for them to use smaller sized mesh or re enforce it with smaller mesh, like I did.

The floor wood is a little thin, ask for a little thicker one.

I have the 6x2 foot hutch attached to the 6x4 ft run combo and it's good.

The mesh rectangles are a little wide and a cat/fox could probably get their claws and teeth in. So maybe ask for them to use smaller sized mesh or re enforce it with smaller mesh, like I did.

The floor wood is a little thin, ask for a little thicker one.

Would this cost any more?

Not a lot more :) My mom got me some of the small square mesh from.. homebase I think. It made a 6 x 4 run and we still had loads left over :) That was.. £20 I think on offer but it was £27 usually :) eBay have some good deals too if you look closely :D

But if you ask them for smaller mesh instead of doing it yourself I don't think it would be too much more :)

Is the mesh strength good at all? I have heard it isn't that good on older threads but I don't know if they had changed the design at all lately. For the price is it a good hutch over all?

I would have gotten one from the Rabbit Hutch Shop as I like my current hutch loads. But they don't seem to sell them anymore. I even emailed saying could them asking if I could still purchase one but no reply :(

Back