• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My heart is breaking / post 98

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Humphrey is the love of my life and I think his time is just about here :cry::cry:

I knew his age was catching up with him these past few weeks and the last few days have been worse, but I was hoping it was the heat.

Its a little cooler today but this afternoon things have got much worse. He can't walk, he has an upset tum and is covered in poop and wee:( I have just cleaned him up, poor thing.

The worse thing is he is still as full of life as ever and in his head is only 2 years old. He is still so happy to see me, pulls himself over and speed to greet me with his little honks and is covering me in kisses :love:

I have rung Steve at work and said how can we put him to sleep when he is still so alive in his head and kissing us, and he replied we can't. But i said if we leave it until Humph has given up then we have left it far too long as I don't think he will ever give up and we will hate ourselves afterwards :(

I do not know how I can live with out my boy or how i can find the strength to let him go like this. Oh God this is going to be tough :cry::cry: I am praying he will stay happy enough over the weekend so we can have loads of final cuddles and to make sure it really isn't the heat, but obviously we will do what needs to be done if it is the right thing to do for him.

Last edited:
Awww I don't no what to say cos it upsets me too when I read things like this stay strong fella mummy loves ya :love::love:

I am sorry to hear this :cry:

Could his herniated bladder issues have been exacerbated due to the heat so he might have lots of sludge in there, hence the incontinence, hind end probs and soft poo. Not 'classic' bladder sludge symptoms I know, but not unheard of either.

I'm so sorry, that must be the hardest ever decision to make, but I'm sure you will make the best one for him.

((hugsss))

:cry::cry:

So sorry, Liz. I know how much Humph means to you; sending him lots of love. xx

I am sorry to hear this :cry:

Could his herniated bladder issues have been exacerbated due to the heat so he might have lots of sludge in there, hence the incontinence, hind end probs and soft poo. Not 'classic' bladder sludge symptoms I know, but not unheard of either.

He is passing a lot of sludge :( Thats why we want to try to give him the weekend just in case the heat has made things worse :?

TBH he is so frail now we wouldn't put him through any treatment unless its basic meds, so its just going to be a case of wait and see what happens as the weather improves if we have the time.

I just hope we have a few more cuddles ahead of us :love::love:

Its so stupid, he is probably close to 12 years old so it was obvious this day was coming but I am in pieces :cry:

Sending lots of love and hugs. Humphrey Cushion has had an amazing life with you, but I'm sure that will make it all the harder to let him go. I know you'll do what's right for him, as you always have. xxx

:cry::cry: I am so very very sorry to hear about your wonderful Humphrey Cushion. I really hope you have more time with him. Sending millions of vibes.

So sad - but thinking of you and your beautiful boy - he has found real love and happiness during the final period of his life - lets hope its not just yet - big loves and cuddles till then xxx

Back