• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really cheap fly trap in case anyone is interested.

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: Just thought I'd share that a couple of weeks back I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roots-Shoot...X6/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1343407859&sr=8-17

It was so ludicrously cheap that I thought it couldn't possibly work that well, but for £3 I thought it was worth a punt :lol:

And blow me, it may look like a cheap piece of tat, but it really works :shock: I can't quite get over how many flies it manages to catch. I do feel a bit sorry for them so I do spray them with flyspray to kill them once they're trapped but I have stood there and watched it literally just suck them in. Unlike some of the more expensive ones, this is re-usable and you use your own bait, I have used a little bit of cat food in the tray, and it really does attract them in. I was worried that they would just land on the cat food and lay their eggs there, making it worse, but they don't, they head in towards the bait and then somehow they can only fly upwards into the cone where they get stuck. I didn't realise quite how many flies there were around until I got one of these, and it has definitely made an enormous difference - we had a family party at the weekend and we usually spend all afternoon swatting flies away from the buffet but we didn't have to, so it does seem to attract them very well.

I'm so impressed I have just ordered another one so I can have one by each rabbit run. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested :D

glad it works :thumb: since got dad a venus fly trap we've not had (touch wood) many problems :lol: oh and my sisters dog has a thing for jumping and eating them too :lol:

Back