• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Went foraging for bunny noms...

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
And came back with:

Willow
Dandelion leaves
Raspberry leaves
Clover
Plantain

Bunnies will be pleased :D (they won't be having it all at once though!)

Haha I'm horrible with plants, luckily these are quite easily recognised!

Found a willow tree closer to me and kind of hidden from the main road which is great! The other one is right by the road & I always feel like an idiot taking branches from it with half the neighbourhood watching :oops: :lol:

ETA: Boris and Bella definitely recommend plantain, they go mad for it :wave:

Hard to explain, but Google it :D Greater plantain is great stuff for buns. In moderation of course as with everything else :) Oh and it's the little green herb I'm talking about, not the banana ;)

What does it look like ?

Yes, Google it. Look at the veins carefully, there's no branching in the leaf, they sort of come up the leaf stem like an electric cable. They are in flower & seed just now. Ribwort flowers look like a chimney sweep's brush on a tall stem, & greater plantain looks like rat's tails.
There's some photos on the sticky in diet too.
If you go by these features I don't know of any other plants in the UK like them.:)

ETA the fiber in fresh plantains of both types is quite stringy so I'd recommend you chop it up for them.
Yes, it's lovely how the buns enjoy some wild food.

Back