• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something very scary happened in my garden...

sierra*323

Mama Doe
... but I have no idea what it was.

Tango was sat next to me as I was picking the black spot leaves off my rose (grrr), next second he was zooming into the hutch, spilling their water in his eagerness to get away and thumping like crazy. Finx was oblivious. Half hour later she went upstairs in the hutch to see him (I just refilled the water and left him alone), and he refused to come out. He has since ventured into the run, and hopped onto the patio but decided against it and gone back home.

Weird?

Maybe he spotted a cat or something?

Could he have been stung?

Hope he comes out soon - my Rupert refused to come out last night, i think it was just too noisy for him, as lots of neighbours were out :( i had to carry him out in the end, bless him xx

Something startled him and his fight or flight instinct kicked in. In this case - flight.

Rabbits can often hear/smell/see something that we can't, so it could of been a cat, a fox, the noise of a plane, a car or something.

Something startled him and his fight or flight instinct kicked in. In this case - flight.

Rabbits can often hear/smell/see something that we can't, so it could of been a cat, a fox, the noise of a plane, a car or something.

I have experienced something similar and it turned out it was the dog next door, every time he came onto the garden one of my buns would run and hide. It was simply the scent causing the upset

I am thinking it must have been a scent on something where he was snuffling about, as Finx was happily playing a few feet away and was not fazed. Tango has just ventured as far as the patch of grass directly opposite the hutch door, just in case.

I'm sure he'll get there. They're naturally cautious aren't they because they know in the wild they're quite low down on the food chain. Bless him he'll be OK. :love:

Back