• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cooling down Chinchill'as...but can apply to buns too...quite good I thought

Many thanks. I found mine chewed through the ice -pod so really I would not recommend. This isn't on the article, but what happened here. As well as those thick ice packs, punctured.

I have a marble slab. They get cold very fast in the freezer.

Thanks for this Chelle.
I tried many of those methods for Thumper when he couldn't stretch out & was overheating alarmingly. His ears went red too!
Trouble with Thumper was that his fur was so thick he couldn't feel the cool, so he rested his plums on it. :shock: Thinks *he's going to be the 1st bunny in history to neuter himself with cryosurgery*. :shock:
Eventually Marie gave him a special fur cut.
DSCF4846.jpg

And feet too.
DSCF4826.jpg

Although neither species can sweat, they can also lose heat by evaporating water from the lungs & upper airways hence the increased respiratory rate.
Not big enough for a rabbit, but may be OK for a chincilla is a huge unglazed ceranic plant pot with tunnel in. Soak the plant pot in water overnight. As the water evaporates from the outside it's delightfully cool on the inside.
(Old fashioned way to stop milk going off, or butter melting before we had fridges!)

Thanks for this Chelle.
I tried many of those methods for Thumper when he couldn't stretch out & was overheating alarmingly. His ears went red too!
Trouble with Thumper was that his fur was so thick he couldn't feel the cool, so he rested his plums on it. :shock: Thinks *he's going to be the 1st bunny in history to neuter himself with cryosurgery*. :shock:
Eventually Marie gave him a special fur cut.
DSCF4846.jpg

And feet too.
DSCF4826.jpg

Although neither species can sweat, they can also lose heat by evaporating water from the lungs & upper airways hence the increased respiratory rate.
Not big enough for a rabbit, but may be OK for a chincilla is a huge unglazed ceranic plant pot with tunnel in. Soak the plant pot in water overnight. As the water evaporates from the outside it's delightfully cool on the inside.
(Old fashioned way to stop milk going off, or butter melting before we had fridges!)

U can get terracotta troughs tho that a bunny could lay out in :thumb: Just seen some at garden centre, £17.99

aaaah Thumps!:lol::love::love::love: Just gorgeous pics! :love::love:

I love that idea about the ceramic pots and troughs....Im going to def. grab a couple for soaking! thanks Judy! Bloess him resting his plums!:lol::lol: typical!:lol::love:

"Although neither species can sweat, they can also lose heat by evaporating water from the lungs & upper airways hence the increased respiratory rate."

Once again - thanks Judy - I did not know about losing heat by evaporating water from their lungs and upper airways...it makes sense about the increased resp. rate...
;)

Back