• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thought I had lost ruby today. She escaped!

beki

Mama Doe
I am a bad bunny mummy. I usually triple check the hutch locks when I open them but today I didn't. I must have got distracted when feeding the bunnies and I left the bottom door of the hutch unlocked. I fed the bunnies at 1ish and went out. I didn't check on them when I got home as busy with the baby. Oh got back from work at 6.30 and went to check. He said ruby was missing, reggie was still in the hutch. We searched the garden. I have waist high grass and weeds. No ruby. We have gaps in the hedge to next door and no back gate ( bunnies don't free range) so knocked on next doors door, no answer so popped round the back anyway and no ruby. Knocked on next door but one both sides ( basically knocked til I found a neighbour with a secure fence that she couldn't get through) no sign. I had really hoped she hadn't got out the front as the estate is so big she could be anywhere!

About an hour later next door but one had jumped over their fence between them and our neighbour who wasn't in and found ruby under the hedge between us and next door. I have checked her over and she seems fine, no injuries. She did have a soft poo stuck to her and hope she has not eaten anything bad as we have ragwort in the garden ( I thought I had got rid of all of this).

Do I need to worry about the soft poo?

I am now going to quadruple check the doors :(

glad you found her. I don't know about ragwort as I haven't had any experience of it. Hopefully someone will be along soon who will know more. Is she eating and drinking?

Yes she is eating, scoffed a load of grass and dandelion leaves (she obviously didn't have enough during yesterday's adventure!). If she has had a drink she hasn't had very much yet.

Hope all is well with Ruby.

Don't be too hard on yourself - I did this a couple of times when Spenser lived outside, depsite normally be careful to the point of OCD with checking the doors were locked.

Glad she's ok! Accidents happen... My lot have escaped twice! Luckily, we have a VERY secure garden but it was still a nightmare and a worry!

Like others have said, don't be too hard on yourself :D at least she is safe and well!

Back