• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Furminator - Picture p14

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Anyone got one?
Considering buying one Bear is shedding like crazy and is ingesting a lot of it to now by the looks of his poops!
Just wanted to see how good they are before I buy as there really dear!!

Last edited:
I bought the small pets one they are really good and get loads of dead fur out u just have to be careful not to press on too hard when using it :wave:

Oh that's good to hear think I'll go for it then!
Can't believe how much has come off him already around the house!! Don't mind it being everywhere, that I can cope with but knowing how much he's ingesting by seeing his "string of sausage" poo as I call it's concerning.

They look like a good idea - compare prices on Amazon, eBay and VetUK before settling to buy one though. Some include postage, some don't.

My question is: if the rabbit has Rear Guard on it (applied today) wouldn't using a furminator basically get most of it off and thus render it practically ineffective? (the Rear Guard, that is)

Errmmm errrrrrr what's this furminator please? ? Never heard of one

Google it (I had to as I had no idea either!)

Just put "furminator" into your search box and click.

Basically it's a special comb which gets rid of all the excess hair/fur from dogs, cats and rabbits (and also other small furry pets). Some of the pictures that show the amount of excess fur fetched off is quite astounding!

I love mine - I have the small animal one - don't know if its gentler?

I don't apply hardly any pressure to it but it gets out loads of fur.

I got one from work and its amazing really.

I dont have the small animal one though i have one of the dog ones, which i prefer as it has a wider brushing edge.

Round 1 with the furminator......

235078b7.jpg
[/IMG]

I have wondered about getting one for Bungle as being a cashmere his fur is a nightmare! I am not sure how it would work in his fur though.

I have one of these, but it doesn't even tame the surface of my hairy monster Storm :? his fur is very thick and fluffy and because he is a french lop, there is lots of it. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I found that if you use it flat it doesn't really do much, but if you turn it slightly its amazing!
I couldnt even stroke Bear without my hand being covered and haven't worn any black clothes for months!
But stroking him last night after using it and nothing was coming out, defiantly recommend! :D

Wow. Looks great! Is it the small animals one that you have? I have two moulting lionheads with scary poops as well... I need one of these!

Yeah its the small animal one.
The poo situation was worrying me, but been absolutely fine since I used it :D
There expensive but worth it!

Yeah its the small animal one.
The poo situation was worrying me, but been absolutely fine since I used it :D
There expensive but worth it!

That is good enough for me. Just off to compare prices.

How is it on the coat? I struggle with some brushes and combs as they seem to pull at the fur which is obviously distressing for all concerned. As I have a bunny who is terrified of contact I need something super gentle as I want him to like me as well as obviously him not being hurt!

Back