• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

keeping buns cool

julie s

Young Bun
hi ,i am sure we are all having the same concerns at the moment ! i have given mine frozen bottles of water( to lay beside ) which they have totally ignored . :roll: They normally have just a water bottle to drink from , but as its so warm i put an extra bowl of water in their run , i accidentally spilt it everywhere , they then laid on the slabs where i had spilt it. is there any reason why i can't wet the slabs a few times a day in this heat? obviously not so it is inches deep in water , just damp .

i know in greenhouses people tend to pour water down to help keep it cooler in hot weather, but im not sure how long t would stay wet for, as its been soo warm, when i cleaned our decking in less then 10mns it had all dried up

i hope you have cooler buns now the weather doesn;t seem to be as hot, ive been using icepods

I use ice pods (tho they are mot so keen on these) and also tiles that I put in the fridge to chill before putting them out for the buns. They quite like these. :wave:

I filled a tupperware box with water and froze it, but tabs kept throwing the tub around. I took the ice cube out and they licked it like an ice lolly! I also put the melting water over their ears, and they seemed to liven up a bit, so I think it did cool them down.

I had an idea to use those microwave heater thingies, if you could find a flat, mat shaped one, you could try freezing that, they migh chew it though :S

i asked something similar to this before and i have a reply saying that if your on about keeping your bun cool in general to slightly wet the top of his/hers ears with cold water, i started to do this in the warm weather and it seems to work :) x

Back