• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can my Daisy have some vibes please?

MichG

Mama Doe
Daisy is in stasis :( she has dysautonomia so has strange guts anyway. She has been to vets and had the normal meds plus fluids. She is home but doesn't seem to be able to get comfy,s he will settle for a few seconds then move again. Is there anything I can do to help this? I hate watching it. She has had metacam injectable at approx 7pm.

Can we have some spare vibes please?

JUst spoke to my vet and have given hme vetergesic. She seems like she is writhing in pain belly pressed to the floor :( I really hate seeing this!

Sending vibes for Daisy. Our Bruce does that when he stops eating, it is so hard to watch :(

I hope the vetergesic soon settles her down xx

She seems to have settled a bit.

Liz, how do youu go about syringe feeding difficult buns? Daisy is a stressy one, normally when she is handled she has seizures as she gets so stressed, so I hate hate hate restraining her, she just kicks and bites and gets so stressed. I don't want to make things worse or get her to the stage where she has a fit on top of all this!!

She seems to have settled a bit.

Liz, how do youu go about syringe feeding difficult buns? Daisy is a stressy one, normally when she is handled she has seizures as she gets so stressed, so I hate hate hate restraining her, she just kicks and bites and gets so stressed. I don't want to make things worse or get her to the stage where she has a fit on top of all this!!

It is a difficult one. TBH I try to avoid it unless absolutely necessary and just go for as long as possible trying to tempt them with anything I can think of as stressing them with syringe feed often ends up making the situation worse :(

She is refusing everything!! Even fibreplex and that is her favourite!

I have got about 5mls of supreme recovery into her. Should I try for more? She is an odd one in that she has small bouts of stasis often that last for a couple of hours and she is normally still tempted broccoli and fibreplex. She has cisapride once or twice daily (depending on how her guts are) this is definitely the worst she has been.

Sorry I missed this yesterday

Sometimes a more hefty analgesic than Metacam may be needed.

I really hope that she has improved overnight.

She is doing so much better this morning. She was just sat in the litter tray muunching hay and there are a few of her poo's around, she also came straight up to me and took her fibreplex really well.

Thanks goodness! Thanks everyone for your vibes x

She is doing so much better this morning. She was just sat in the litter tray muunching hay and there are a few of her poo's around, she also came straight up to me and took her fibreplex really well.

Fantastic news :D

Brilliant news, have been thinking of you both over night x

Back