• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think your rabbits think of you?

Alicia

Mama Doe
Me and my friend were talking about pets and what they think of us, and she has horses, and she said that she really thinks her horse does love her, because he doesn't like a lot of treat food so she doesn't give it to him, so its not like he sees her and is happy because he's expecting treats, he does seem very happy to see her. Although I'd like to think Archie and Izzy love seeing me, I think they probably do just think of me as the person who brings food and they're excited for food rather than me. Do you think rabbits think like that?

Me and my friend were talking about pets and what they think of us, and she has horses, and she said that she really thinks her horse does love her, because he doesn't like a lot of treat food so she doesn't give it to him, so its not like he sees her and is happy because he's expecting treats, he does seem very happy to see her. Although I'd like to think Archie and Izzy love seeing me, I think they probably do just think of me as the person who brings food and they're excited for food rather than me. Do you think rabbits think like that?

pretty much lol foooooooooooooooooooooood :lol:

At the moment I think Bear thinks I'm his wifey bun lol :lol:

Alice is the opposite, you can literally see the "Oh god!" look on her face when I come near her!

I think my bunnies are happy to see me because of the chance to get nose rubs, food or treats. My dog however totally absolutely loves me.. To the point he doesn't like being away from me. It's not just that he doesn't like being alone, it's being away from me, because sometimes he will cry and not be able to relax even if someone else is with him..

Donny and Lola - Definately food!

Poppy - Treats, nose rubs and medicine :lol:

Leo - Food, nose rubs and cuddles :love:

Roxy (cat) - Food and fuss :)

Harvey (dog) - Food and loads of fuss and talking to him like he's a baby :lol:

April (hamster) - Food, treats and big scary human :lol:

And personal daily cleaner applies to all :roll: :lol:

I think my bunnies are happy to see me because of the chance to get nose rubs, food or treats. My dog however totally absolutely loves me.. To the point he doesn't like being away from me. It's not just that he doesn't like being alone, it's being away from me, because sometimes he will cry and not be able to relax even if someone else is with him..

This is me and my pets :D My pooch is exactly the same. She doesn't suffer from anxiety and can be left alone for hours ok but if I'm in the room she has to be next to me. If I go on holiday she does pine for me. She has been known to get up and follow me when I have moved ten feet from the sofa to the computer desk lol It winds my husband up something chronic but I think that's just because he's jealous she loves me more haha :lol: :love:

Misty just about tolerates me now, she doesn't thump and hide when I open the hutch or run, and I can stroke her for a minute or so before she hides from me. I'm pretty sure the veggies are the reason she puts up with me though, not because she's coming to like me!

Louie especially loves me when I call "Louie want 'nana?" and also "Louie want dandy's?".

Orinoco likes and maybe loves me and DH I think.
Scarlet only loves three things in life, food, Orinoco and our cat Squeak, in that order. Me and DH aren't even on her radar other than as bringers of noms!

Poppy and Daisy see me as bringer of the food but they also love their nose rubs and fuses! :love:

Lily and Rosey arnt that sure of me still :lol: they both come bounding to the door of their run when I go outside but scarper if i show any sign of trying to put them in the carrier or pick them up!

Millie is like my right arm :love: love that puppy so much...she is incredibly naughty and being a lurcher I am primarily her feeder and provider of treats and when im daft enough to leave a full plated roast dinner and turn my back for 2 seconds I can hear her laughing at me! :roll: :lol:

Harley used to love me to bits when he was single and always follow me about for food and attention but now he's not that bothered, he's so morngy recently, if I go to take the rabbits out into the run he'll just sit in a corner he knows I can't reach (because the hutch is really awkward) but he's perfectly friendly :roll:

Nami's the newest of my rabbits, haven't spent much time with her, she just sees me as food :lol:

No idea what my oldest rabbit Flash thinks, he's never been bothered about attention even when he lived by himself, so probably just food again :lol:

Baby really is my Baby, she's no where near as obsessed with food as the others and a lot of the time if you offer her a treat she'll refuse, but she's so friendly now and always wants attention, she loves jumping onto my knee and following me around if she's bored, and it's really cute when she's in her run and wants me to pick her up, she'll stand on her back legs, which she doesn't do often so it's easier for me to get her :love:

Mine both love me :D:love: They'll sit and groom me for ages and sometimes even start arguing over who gets to cuddle with me first :roll: I have to cuddle them both at the same time as if I ignore one he/she gets jealous :lol:

Given this is the kind of expression Honey wears when I speak to her I think it's pretty clear what she thinks of me.

honey_disapprove001.jpg

This was the expression we caught on her after she watched me fall down the garden steps.

amused.jpg

Sometimes I think he thinks of me like the parents in cow and chicken when I'm standing up; just a pair of legs. He always tries to mount my legs though.

Our vet thinks that Buckley sees me as his bonded partner. He gets very upset when I'm not there, when he's feeling poorly or frightened he comes to me for comfort etc. And yet he often looks at me like I'm a bit derpy, with pity in his eyes.

Last edited:
Radish thinks of me as her best friend and mummy she loves to have fussies and comes over to groom me if I am on the floor for any reason.

Waffle tolerates me as the bringer of food which is particularly evident at bedtime treat time when she clambers all over me to get her treat (the only time she voluntarily comes anywhere near me :lol:)

Back