• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on method of bonding

Keky

Warren Scout
Maya was spayed yesterday and is to hopefully be a friend for Harley in a month or two when Maya's hormones have calmed. After reading the bonding advice on Flash's Place I can't decide if I should go with the method I used to try and bond Harley with Jager and Fleury, which was just putting them all together, which never worked as the two boys just can't get along. Or perhaps try bunny dating.

Maya has been here three weeks and she hasn't met any of the others and lives upstairs while the other three all live downstairs. I don't know if I should keep it that way or if introducing their smells to each other, by say swapping litter trays, over the next month or so would help.

I'll be moving house in about a month so will have neutral territory, plus I have a neutral puppy pen and piece of lino for the bond, I'm just not sure which way to go about it as I might have to rehome Maya if her and Harley don't get along.

I would start swapping things soonish, then maybe the week before you bond swap them into each other's homes as well, so they are well used to each other's scent. Then I'd do the 48hour bonding in a roughly 8sqft neutral area method, making sure all stuff in there is neutral too. If that doesnt go smoothly then try dating :)

I would start swapping things soonish, then maybe the week before you bond swap them into each other's homes as well, so they are well used to each other's scent. Then I'd do the 48hour bonding in a roughly 8sqft neutral area method, making sure all stuff in there is neutral too. If that doesnt go smoothly then try dating :)

Thanks for this nessar, I'll let Maya recover from her op then start swapping things, I could swap over their carriers as Maya's is in with her.

Any advice on car rides or rescue remedy to make the 48 hour bonding go smoothly?

Back