• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny startled and hot - advice please!!

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Neighbours just popped round to say Finx was in the alleyway! It's still a fenced in part of my garden, but I don't let them round there as I can't see them and there is another rabbit on the other side of the fence (one of those tall ones with tiny gaps).

I thanked them and herded her home, and have resecured the barrier, but she is looking stressed and it's very hot still! She is panting wide eyed under the hedge. Can I do anything to chill her out? Or just leave her to cool off?

NB. their run is secure but they've been out in the garden as there's better shade and cool slabs at the other end! I should not have nipped upstairs!

Ok I panicked too soon :lol:
Put some cool water on her ears, she has now had a wash and is back on the grass munching.

Don't mind me :wave:

Glad all is good.

A suggestion though. Could a mod make a board wide sticky about over heating advice. This about the 7th post today!

Back