• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance help needed!

JemimaH

Warren Veteran
Hi :wave: So I've finally persuaded Mum to think about insuring Dee (she's five and uspayed). the fact she's over five is being a nightmare, shes not been insured previously and I can only seem to find Pets At Home insurance that insures over five year olds! She is a very healthy girl atm apart from being unspayed which makes me worry the whole time, but obviously if she gets ill as she gets older we'll need the insurance! The thing is, from what I can gather, P@H have a high excess, about £75, and I was wondering if anyone had insured their five year olds from scratch with a different company? Any help is MUCH appreciated! thanks!:D

£75 isn't excessively high for an excess, most of them will be somewhere in that ball-park to be honest. As far as I'm aware, PAH is the only one that will insure bunnies over the age of 5 at the onset of the policy, so you may find that it's that or nothing! Personally, I would recommend that you get your little one spayed, she is getting to that age where the risk of uterine cancer gets much higher and it's much less risky to operate while she's still healthy than to try and remove a cancerous uterus which may already have spread.

Good luck, hope you find a policy which suits you :D

£75 isn't excessively high for an excess, most of them will be somewhere in that ball-park to be honest. As far as I'm aware, PAH is the only one that will insure bunnies over the age of 5 at the onset of the policy, so you may find that it's that or nothing! Personally, I would recommend that you get your little one spayed, she is getting to that age where the risk of uterine cancer gets much higher and it's much less risky to operate while she's still healthy than to try and remove a cancerous uterus which may already have spread.

Good luck, hope you find a policy which suits you :D

:thumb:

said everything I was going to :)

I'm with petplan, my excess is £50, but I'm pretty sure they dont insure over 5s, sorry.

I'm with PetPlan - my excess is £65.

I would reiterate what has already been said about the importance of having your bunny neutered - the risk of unneutered females developing uterine cancer is very high.

Ah right, thankyou for the info:D Believe me I'm desperate to get Daisy spayed, but Mum is saying she's too old :roll: I've shown her loads of information and she keeps saying 'she's too old, it's not fair, it wont add years and years onto her life' etc. If it was up to me I would definitely get her spayed though! :(

Back