• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Umbillicle Hernia help?

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Has anyone had experience of Umbillicle hernias in Bunnies?
The rabbit in question was born with it and is eating and drinking and playing and showing no signs of Pain.
The vet has said they're happy to wait till the bunnies neuter to sort it as its a much safer option than 2 sets of Anesthetic?

Does this sound ok?

Last edited:
Has anyone had experience of Umbillicle hernias in Bunnies?
The rabbit in question was born with it and is eating and drinking and playing and showing no signs of Pain.
The vet has said they're happy to wait till the bunnies neuter to sort it as its a much safer option than 2 sets of Anesthetic?

Does this sound ok?

Yes :)

Are you using a new Vet now ?

Yes :)

Are you using a new Vet now ?

Yep we will only be using our cheshire pet branch now as we know they wont do anything they feel out of there depth doing and will be the first to suggest Molly does it instead. :D

Im keeping him in a small Rabbit cage to minimalise the chance of strangulation, shall i let him out the cage for a little run around when supervised?

Yep we will only be using our cheshire pet branch now as we know they wont do anything they feel out of there depth doing and will be the first to suggest Molly does it instead. :D

Im keeping him in a small Rabbit cage to minimalise the chance of strangulation, shall i let him out the cage for a little run around when supervised?

Did the Vet who examined him advise you to restrict his exercise ?

I would check with the Vet as he/she is the only one with 'hands on' experience of the severity of the hernia :)

Back