• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby bunny with the broken leg U/D video 156

Snowy

Wise Old Thumper
Met up with Amanda (Barn Yard Bunnies) and James, lovely to meet you both, to collect this little bunny that Claire** asked for help with after spotting it on Gumtree free ads, what a shock, beautiful little bunny but it is in a bad way, first of all I think that it is only 5-6 weeks old maximum, either that or it has been starved, it only weighs 250 grams and is far too young to be away from it's Mum, it is also too young to be sexed, I will wait for my vet to confirm what sex she thinks, so for the time being it is a 'baby', because it's so young and small I doubt that the vet will be able to operate because the poor thing won't stand a GA, as for the foot it is completely snapped off and is only held on by the skin, I can point it in any direction because nothing is attached, I have taken some pictures and they show what the leg is like

Babybunny003x2.jpg

Babybunny004x2.jpg

Babybunny005x2.jpg

Babybunny007x2.jpg

Babybunny013x2.jpg

Babybunny010x2.jpg

Babybunny015x2.jpg

This little bun is going to need all the vibes and good luck we can muster, I really hope baby pulls through this lot

Last edited:
omg that is shocking. poor baby im sorry we couldnt have got u faster. Please can i point out that this was an ad I saw on gumtree, I did not know the seller or the bun and could only wait for the seller to reply to my messages.

What do u think will happen with her now? is there still infection in the leg? it looks awful from the pics.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I am heartbroken. I knew the wee bun was tiny but so young. I knew in my heart of hearts that it looked snapped off. I could see no bone attachment. I was far to scared to handle her, yet she was free ranging in the garden in a large pen with about 7 other babies.

It is so appalling it beggers belief. :evil:

Maximum vibes for this little one. How anyone can let an animal suffer that way I will never understand :( I really hope baby pulls through xoxoxo

Oh my goodness :cry::cry::cry: Such a wee darling, I can't believe how anyone could've left her to suffer for that long :cry: Sending massive vibes her way, really really hope she can be saved :cry:

Rest assured that this bunny will get the very best of veterinary care and with all your good wishes we can get the baby through this one way or another

Aww poor poor baby, stunning little bunny!!! Is baby a lion head? :love:

I hope baby can pull through all this, well done snowy, Claire and BYB for coming to its rescue... Poor little thing.

Keep us updated if you can Snowy, I'm praying is a good outcome.

My goodness. That is horrendous. Can a baby that age even have painkillers? (Really interested in the answer to that one.)

I am glad baby is now with someone who will give the love and care they should have had in the first place. Apart from that awful foot s/he is a gorgeous looking thing, all fluff! A real wee stunner. :love:

I had been wondering what happened to this little one.
Poor little baby. With the leg being totally snapped like that, is it likely to be causing pain, or could it have healed around it somehow? I don't know anything about these things - just wondering.

Everything crossed that he/she can get through this.

Back